The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 25, 2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Gary Slider

To Keep Reciprocity New Mexico RKBA Needs Your Help.

Steve Aikens who is my Partner in www.handgunlaw.us lobbies for the RKBA in New Mexico. If you have not heard NM just dropped Utah as a state they honor. From all that I am hearing they may drop a lot of other states. Steve and others who Lobby for RKBA's in NM need our help. Here is the info they need for every state that will honor other states permits/licenses.

Do you have anything that shows which states require you to be a U.S. Citizen to get licensed? If they do not require it, what residency
requirements do they have? Do they have a Citizenship requirement but offer waivers to certain non-immigrant legal aliens?

Could you please post here the law for your state that shows residency requirements to obtain a permit/License and What I really need is the law quoted or the Alpha/Numeric code for the law in your state. Thank you so much for any help you can give me to help them.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old April 25, 2010, 05:17 PM   #2
big_bad_kitty

Texas requirements for residents and non-residents are listed in Gov Code sec 411.172 and 411.173. The application and associated items sent in with it are listed in sec 411.174.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with out of Texas.

Wayne Northcutt
Attorney at Law

texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com

Old April 25, 2010, 08:02 PM   #3
rwilson452

PA Law. Illegal aliens can't get a licence

18 Pa.C.S. ยง 6109: Licenses

http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...6109/licenses/

Quote:
Could you please post here the law for your state that shows residency requirements to obtain a permit/License and What I really need is the law quoted or the Alpha/Numeric code for the law in your state. Thank you so much for any help you can give me to help them.
Old April 26, 2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Gary Slider

Steve and I thank you for your help. Steve has everything he needs now. Thank you again. Now we just have to wait and see what happens in NM.
Old April 26, 2010, 08:53 AM   #5
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Gary, if the NM DPS is doing what I think they are doing, then this is the least of the problems.

NM requires 2 (two) fingerprint cards. Should another State only require 1 (one), then they (NM DPS) can deny reciprocity with that State, on the same grounds: They don't meet or exceed the NM requirements.

I can go on, but you get the drift.
Old April 27, 2010, 12:06 PM   #6
Gary Slider

Steve had all the other info about the different states. He just needed the info on Citizenship etc to fill out all the info he needed. From what I am hearing it is just one person in the NM DPS who is very anti gun who is doing all this. That person also has a lot of clout. Appointed officials can do a lot of different things and I would almost bet my paycheck it will take the legislature to straighten this out. This one person may have given the Pro Gunners the ammo they needed to get something better through the legislature. Seen it happen more than once before. Lets Hope.