The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 7, 2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Atticus Thraxx

T/C .50 Pennsylvania Hunter Detailed Breakdown

Guys, I've inherited several muzzleloaders and there's a fair bit of corrosion to address. The first one I want to do is the T/C .50 Pennsylvania Hunter. I need to pull the lock plate, rear site and trigger. Sure would be nice to have at best, detailed instructions and at least exploded digrams. I've emailed T/C but haven't heard back yet (it was 5 mins ago). I've done a web search but so far only found manual you get with rifle. Going to hit several forums with this.Any help would be appreciated.

Looking for K98 bolt #5954 and K98 bolt #31942 for trade. DM me if you have a match. Prizes will be awarded!
Old December 7, 2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Hawg

Pretty simple. Remove all the screws and it falls apart. I'm not familiar with the TC Penn. but from the pics I found it's set up basically like a flintlock Hawken. Hammer on half cock. remove ramrod and barrel wedge. Barrel lifts up from the front and has a hook on the rear. Lock has a single screw on the off side with a thick brass washer. Remove it and the lock comes off. You can remove it part way and tap the head of the screw to get the lock started out of the inlet. Remove the trigger guard and you can get to the screws for the trigger assembly. I think the rear sight is held by a single screw but not sure, may be two on a TC. Maybe somebody here has one and can tell you for sure but if I'm wrong it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tear down a muzzleloader. Just watch where each screw comes from so you can put them back in the right places.
Old December 7, 2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Atticus Thraxx

Alright Hawg I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Looking for K98 bolt #5954 and K98 bolt #31942 for trade. DM me if you have a match. Prizes will be awarded!
Old December 10, 2008, 12:39 AM   #4
arcticap

FWIW, here's a TC sidelock manual:

http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals...owder_Guns.pdf