The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 21, 2007, 02:56 AM   #1
mrMONEYman

Lone Wolf Tree Stands

I'm just curious as to how many members here have used the Lone Wolf line of tree stands and your opinions. Specifically, the Assault Hang On tree stand.

I've always used a climber, but found that I don't like the weight and noise of setting up my climbers, and the need for a straight tree. This year, I purchased the Assault Hang-on. So far, I'm warming up to the little stand. My only criticism is about the mobility of this tree stand. With my climbers, I'm used to the idea of ...."I don't like this tree/location...so I'll just pack up and move to another tree/location" but with the assault hang-on, its not as easy. Although with this stand, my tree selection has opened up, the speed is not there.

I'm using the mini climbing sticks by lone wolf in connection with about 10 screw-in climbing steps. The climbing sticks is awesome, by the way, but I dread the process of screwing in each step as I make my way up the tree. Maybe for next season, I'll just ditch the screw in steps and buy the full size climbing steps.
Old November 21, 2007, 03:15 AM   #2
Countertop

Checked out a friends Lone Wolf climber this weekend

Was very impressed. Its half the weight of my Gorilla, much more compact, and strikes me as significantly more sturdy.

Of course, it cost him $250 more, so you get what you pay for.