The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 9, 2015, 10:27 AM   #1
furyonox

Revolver Shoulder Stock part 3

The next step will be to create a revolver case

The keys have a little screwdriver

If you are interested at my project I can build for you the Shoulder Stock in two versions.
- Shoulder Stock with holster
- Shoulder Stock without holster, more slim but still sturdy
I can realize all with your design and prompt
This is my address
Furio Noceto
Via Arbora 13 A/2
16036 Avegno
Genova
Italy
tel. 00393348136385

best wishes your italian friend
furyo nox
Old October 9, 2015, 10:35 AM   #2
DaleA

Very nice work.

I've always thought a should stock for a handgun is a great idea but we've got legal restrictions in the USA that make it difficult to have one as an accessory.

Some folk will be along shortly to quote chapter and verse about the restrictions.

However...we got concealed carry permission in my state when I never thought we would, folk are making a point that suppressors should not have to be regulated so who knows, maybe the restrictions on shoulder stocks will be dropped. Here's hoping.

Good luck.
Old October 9, 2015, 11:47 AM   #3
furyonox

Hi
tell me something more about the USA restrictions, I only know that there is a tax...
Old October 9, 2015, 12:12 PM   #4
Kosh75287

Beautiful work, furyonox.

I can see true craftsmanship in the work shown in your pictures! I wish I could buy one!

I'M hopeful that the Feds will do something about the silly '"buttstock for pistols" law, too. Frankly, I don't see it happening. It would make entirely too much sense, which seems very much against policy when legislating away our 2nd Amendment rights.

انجلو. المسلحة. جاهزة. Carpe SCOTCH!
Old October 9, 2015, 12:28 PM   #5
4V50 Gary
Staff

Shades of C-96.
Old October 9, 2015, 12:48 PM   #6
Sharkbite

Quote:
Hi
tell me something more about the USA restrictions, I only know that there is a tax...
In the USA a pistol may not be equipped with a shoulder stock or it is considered a "Short barreled rifle" (SBR). Most States will allow a SBR to be made if the maker pays a $200 tax to the federal Govt and gets prior approval from our BATFE.

There are exceptions for older guns under the "curio and relic" clause. Your GP100 does not qualify

Some of our gun laws are silly on their face. IMHO the SBR laws are some of the dumbest on the books.
Old October 9, 2015, 12:53 PM   #7
Model12Win

Very nice work!

I love your Ruger GP100 too!
Old October 9, 2015, 01:10 PM   #8
furyonox

That is incredible!!!!
In Italy get firearms license is very very difficult, when you are lucky to get it, you have to pay attention.
If you stay at home with your wife and a criminal tries to steal or worse try to attack you can't shoot.
You have to wait two three seconds and think if the defense is the same at the offense, you can't shoot less than three meters and not if the criminal run away after stolen.
So in Italy you can use the shoulder stock without problems............
Old October 10, 2015, 10:02 AM   #9
mete

The Italian word for crazy is PAZZO !
Your stock would look really nice if the whole thing were made of Olive wood instead of only a small piece !
Old October 10, 2015, 10:41 PM   #10
johnwilliamson062

Pazzo,
First let me say I do enjoy your posts and appreciate the work you put into this stock, but you really could have, and IMO should have, put all of this in one thread instead of three.

Not only would this be an NFA SBR, but it would also be an import. I am unsure what complications that would pose as it is not a serialized part as is, but I am sure there would be some.

I don't think a GP100 version will be all that marketable in the US on the scale that would justify dealing with the complications. With a 1911 version and maybe another common model it might be worth looking at.
Just ideas though.
Old October 10, 2015, 11:12 PM   #11
Model12Win

I think a GP100 with 16" tapered lightweight barrel, a scope rail, and a detachable shoulder stock would just be awesome.

It would be like a modern Colt Revolving Rifle.

It would be very accurate in single action, and the rifle length barrel would make the rounds very effective in terms of velocity and energy.

They would have to make the barrel tapered, maybe even fluted, to make it comfortable enough to hold one handed but I think it would be awesome.
Old October 11, 2015, 01:14 AM   #12
gyvel

If the gun could be made with a barrel long enough to make the whole revolver 26" long, there would be no special restriction about the shoulder stock
SIFE
Old October 12, 2015, 02:59 PM   #13
Driftwood Johnson

Howdy

Smith and Wesson made detachable shoulder stocks for several of their large frame revolver models, but this is different.

This is a photo of a Smith & Wesson Model 320 Revolving Rifle. They are very rare, less than 1000 were produced. It is based on the New Model Number Three revolver. Barrels were 16", 18", or 20" long. The fore stock and grips were mottled red hard rubber, the detachable stock was Walnut. Caliber was a proprietary 32 caliber round. They came with a detachable tang sight, which seems to be missing from this gun. Produced from 1879 until 1887, 997 were made.

Old October 12, 2015, 04:32 PM   #14
curt.45

Nice work, wish i could own something like that