The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 14, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1
TunnelRat

M&P Magazines: Where Are They Hiding?

So I spent a little time today browsing the intarwebs. Essentially I was looking for M&P 9mm magazines, fullsize and 12 rders. What I noticed? These things aren't easy to find. One pleasant surprise about XDs and XDms was it seemed like everybody and their Uncles were selling mags for them. I was wondering if this is just a result of all the recent craziness or if they've always been somewhat difficult to find?

-TR
Maintain situational awareness
Old March 14, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Sure shot wv

I'm wondering the same thing!! A couple weeks ago I won an m and p 22 at a whitetails unlimited banquet, and reloading every 12 rds is getting old fast.
Old March 15, 2013, 06:53 AM   #3
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat
I was wondering if this is just a result of all the recent craziness or if they've always been somewhat difficult to find?
It's the craziness. They used to be easy to find. A Dallas LGS used to sell them for $29 loose out of a big plastic bin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat
One pleasant surprise about XDs and XDms was it seemed like everybody and their Uncles were selling mags for them.
Perhaps HS Produkt has more magazine production capacity in relation to pistol production capacity than S&W does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure shot wv
I won an m and p 22 at a whitetails unlimited banquet, and reloading every 12 rds is getting old fast.
FWIW the M&P22 is made by Umarex in Germany, and I believe the magazines come from the same place, since they use different construction than standard M&P mags. IOW the mag situation for the M&P22 is not tied to the situation with the centerfire models, so the supply situation may be resolved sooner... or not.
Old March 15, 2013, 08:38 AM   #4
chrisp51

Try Botach tactical.
Old March 15, 2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Kevin_d77

Don't try Botach Tactical. I ordered xdm mags from them in January, they haven't returned an email or phone call letting me know anything. I have tried at least 10 times to contact them but they refuse to respond. I would avoid at all costs.
Old March 15, 2013, 09:17 AM   #6
southjk

I've had 4 mags on order from S&W since December and still nothing. 2 are .22 and 2 are 9mm. All I can get from them is that they are on backorder.
Old March 15, 2013, 01:31 PM   #7
ShootingNut

Beretta PX4 compact mags are nonexistent also.
I wish, all vendors would show on their website, either "In Stock" or
"Not In Stock". I ordered from one vendor, who's web site make it look as if they had my mags. After some time, and a few emails they said they didn't have them in stock, and had no idea when they could fill the order.
I figure gun sales have been so strong, that mag manufacturers are shipping everything to supply the manufacturer, so they have two for the gun package.
Personally, I think it may be quite some time before "extra mags" are available for popular guns.
SN
Old March 15, 2013, 02:27 PM   #8
TunnelRat

I put a few automated reminders on some websites in case they get them in, seems the best that can be done right now.
Old March 16, 2013, 12:04 PM   #9
danez71

Ive used http://www.44mag.com/category/smith_and_wesson before with good results.

Nice guy. He noticed that I bought a couple 10 round MP compact mags with an AZ shipping address. He actually called me to confirm thats I wanted - the 10 rounders instead of the 12. I explained that I was traveling to CA.

Then he offered a couple of bucks off a 10 rounder that was returned from a FL guy that bought the 10 rounder by mistake and returned saying it was un-used. He explained that while it looked un-fired, he said it looks like the guy loaded it. IE, scuff marks on the follower. He even offered to take it back if I didnt like it. I said 'OK'.

Although it looks like he's out of stock for 9mm full size, he does have some 12 Compact with no finger rest. You can buy the finger rest plate from other sources too. More $$ now than when I bought them from him. He was just about the cheapest I found at the time @ $25-$26 ea.

Surprisingly he has M&P Shield mags in stock at decent prices. If I only had a MP Shield....
Old March 16, 2013, 12:10 PM   #10
TunnelRat

^Thanks!
Old March 16, 2013, 06:13 PM   #11
Kevin_d77

Awesome info! I scooped up some additional mags for our Shields! Thanks a bunch!
Old March 17, 2013, 12:12 AM   #12
danez71

As someone else mentioned above Botach Tacticle has been another good source in the past for M&O mags with good prices and always seem to have good customer feed back. They dont have any now but I would keep checking there too.

44mag.com seemed to have other mags (BHP/Mec-Gar and 10/22mags for ex) or other things that I wanted at good prices when Ive needed things so I more experience with them.
Old March 17, 2013, 03:03 AM   #13
Kevin_d77

Yea, Botach burned me. I'm staying away considering they haven't updated my order that I placed back in January. Not even a response!

No thanks! I found them cheaper and faster already. They won't even respond so I can cancel my order!
Old March 18, 2013, 11:12 AM   #14
southjk

Quote:
Surprisingly he has M&P Shield mags in stock at decent prices. If I only had a MP Shield....
I just ordered one for my Shield, thanks danez71!