The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 7, 1999, 08:36 PM   #1
Grayfox

In today's mail I recieved the new #52 edition of the Brownell's catalog. OOOOOOH! AAAAAAH! I"m starting to drool.

I've noticed that we get a number of threads about "where can I get this?", "can you compare X part to Z part?" etc. Well this is the book for you.
40 pages of parts and tools just for 1911 type pistols, almost as many for ARs, M1s and M1As, 130 pages of factory replacement parts, any and every kind of gun tool you can imagine.
Rifle, shotgun, handgun, parts, tools, accessories, you name it, they got it.
OK, this is sounding like a commercial and no I don't work for them. But, I've been doing business with Brownell's for many years and have never been dissatisfied.
If you are a hobby gunsmith or just like to tinker a little, you really should get a catalog.
BTW: they also have a tech support service with some really good people to help with all your questions, even if you just want some advice.

Check 'em out at
www.brownells.com
Old August 7, 1999, 09:34 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Grayfox, I couldn't agree more. I have several gunsmith friends and acquaintences and we are forever contacting each other to "get a different slant" on a particular problem. None of us can know it all. Anytime I have one that's causing me to grow more bald I include the tech support dept at Brownells in my search for knowledge. They are very knowledgeable as individuals and as a group they're really something. George
Old August 7, 1999, 09:58 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Got my catalog today too. Darn, I had just mailed an order earlier this week. Brownell catalogs never get thinner and every year they bring more and more goodies out.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Old August 7, 1999, 10:03 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Couldn't agree more. And I highly recommend Brownell's 3 volume set of "Gunsmith Kinks". Even if you don't learn something from them, they're just plain fun to read.
Old August 8, 1999, 05:43 AM   #5
Jim V

I await my new Brownell's catalog, but I have just ordered from #51. Part of that order was the 3 book set of GUNSMITH KINKS.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited August 08, 1999).]
Old August 8, 1999, 05:27 PM   #6
Craig Luna

I've had the new one for a week or two so you should get yours really soon. One thing about Brownell's, they are really efficeint and even take care of cases when UPS doesn't do its job and deliver on time. The last time it happened, I received a credit even though I forgot to call them back and let them know when I finally got the item ordered. An excellent company IMHO. Returns are treated with a similiar attention to detail.

CL