The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 6, 2002, 09:15 PM   #1
jhisaac

Mall Ninja IPSC COF

I am trying to design an IPSC stage or two and have decided on a Mall Ninja theme. Remembering back to the original MN posts, what would you put in an mall ninja themed COF???

A deluxe course would have you shooting from a golf cart while moving down range, but I will save that for another day. I planning a starting position of lying down (to cover your SO) for the first 3 targets, then moving down range where there are LOTS of no shoots.

Any other ideas??

Thanks,
jhisaac

PS. For those of you going "What the heck is a mall ninja???", go to: http://www.geocities.com/suketh.geo/gun/mall_ninja.html
Old May 7, 2002, 03:19 PM   #2
Navy joe

Well, it oughta be at least a 50rd field course because you know there's lots of bad guys at the mall. Recommend weak hand only with strong hand holding Slurpee. Procedural for spilling the Slurpee. No barricades, for the true mall ninja need not cover.
Old May 7, 2002, 03:48 PM   #3
Christopher II

Tape a ceramic floor tile to each competitor's chest and back.
There should be at least one "required gun" stage with a .300 Win Mag NEF Handi-Rifle.
Tons of no-shoots. Identify no-shoots by stapling hamburger boxes, shopping bags, etc, to the targets.
High round counts. Really high.
Perhaps provide a set of wall-climbing spikes (look for them in the ads in the back of Black Belt magazine) to each competitor. He will have to shoot the course while wearing them.

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key