The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 20, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Emuricah513

SKS Fixed Magazine: Where to buy

Hey so I've been doing some research on where I can find a 10 rd. fixed magazine and haven't had much of any luck. Everywhere I look seems to be sold out. Anyone know where a good place to look online might be and I do not want a plastic tapco one either. I've also looked into the detachable 20 rd. mags but would rather not deal with the hassle.
Old March 20, 2012, 11:16 AM   #2
squidmp

Try this site out if you haven't yet. Excellent source for SKS info!

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php
Old March 20, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Emuricah513

Thank you Squidmp. I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea they seem to have forums for everything now days
Old March 20, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Emuricah513

Problem solved

So I wasn't able to find any original 10 rd. fixed mags but after just a bit more research I came across hitech mags with either come as detachable or fixed. They have a lifetime, "no jam and no fitting issue" warranty. They are a bit pricey but that's becoming the norm and at least this comes with a warranty.

http://www.rifletech.net/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=sks4.html - Rifletech Hitech Mags and other SKS parts.
Old March 22, 2012, 09:42 AM   #5
shaunpain

Make sure your SKS can take the aftermarket mags. I know the Norincos are quite versatile when it comes to accessorizing, but most others will not accept aftermarket anything without modifications to the gun. I know that there is a fixed 20 rounder that will take in a Norinco but they are probably a little rare these days. I HAVE seen them somewhere recently online, though. I have a Yugo so I can't do much. I don't believe in modifying war rifles anyway.