The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 4, 2000, 10:09 PM   #1
DOCSpanky

First off, check the title, the first person who says VANGCOMP will get cyber flipped off! Just kidding

I would like to add an extension onto my Mossy 500 Turkey gun. Who can do the job relatively inexpensively, but most importantly, who can get me QUICK TURNAROUND?

It already holds 5 in the mag, and if my math and measurement is correct I can add another 3 if I stick with 2 3/4 inch shells.

All help appreciated, and whoever says VANGCOMP..... May your car break down on the way to the range! Again, just trying to draw a laugh

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN
Happiness is a smoking gun and a dead criminal

Old February 5, 2000, 04:54 AM   #2
Gorthaur

http://www.vangcomp.com I've never tried to, but can't you do that yourself?
Old February 5, 2000, 10:39 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

For the 500 series, the easiest route is to get an extended mag tube and an 8 shot barrel. That's what I did on my last extension. I also found an 8-shot 24" or 26" V.R. factory barrel. I did build an extended tube 500 years ago using a 5500 mag extension but that requires a LOT of work to make it work right, including knocking the lug off the barrel!
Old February 5, 2000, 10:56 AM   #4
DOCSpanky

FAL, where can I find one, who sells them please help! It would be nice not to attract too much attention during the turkey season.

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN
Happiness is a smoking gun and a dead criminal