The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 18, 2009, 06:11 PM   #1
charlieb

DFW Texas Parker County 4-H Sporting Clays

The Parker County 4-H shooting sports club is having a sporting clays shoot as a fund raiser on October 17, 2009 at the the Alpine Shooting Range in South Fort Worth. If anyone would like more information please feel free to contact me at my e-mail in the profile. They are also looking for stand sponsors, team sponsors, and anyone that would like to donate prizes of any kind to give as prizes. They will provide a letter for tax purposes for all donations upon request.
Old September 18, 2009, 10:12 PM   #2
cb18bek

What kind of donations are they looking for and/or prizes. What foundation to the proceeds go to?
Old September 18, 2009, 10:27 PM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

They go to the 4-H, a youth organization which, among other things has marksmanship programs and hosts shooting competitions for members.

Here's some information about the National 4-H Shooting Sports programs, just one facet of the organization's programs. http://www.4-hshootingsports.org/
The focus of all 4-H programs is the development of youth as individuals and as responsible and productive citizens. The National 4-H Shooting Sports Program stands out as an example. Youth learn marksmanship, the safe and responsible use of firearms, the principles of hunting and archery, and much more. The activities of the program and the support of caring adult leaders provide young people with opportunities to develop life skills, self-worth, and conservation ethics.
I've taken time out of my schedule on a few occasions to help out at one of the local 4H youth shooting competitions and I've always felt like it was a very worthwhile endeavor.
Old September 19, 2009, 08:15 AM   #4
charlieb

Thanks for the links JohnKSa.

They are looking for prizes that can be given as either door prizes or for prizes for a silent auction, and prizes that can be given to the top scoring individuals at various stages, or overall scores.

I am a local FFL and donate my services to the club to transfer firearms free of charge. They have received some firearms for use as prizes.

This is a relatively new group in Parker County and they have managed so far to get funding for the youth to shoot and practice without having to worry about the cost of Ammo. Our goal is to be able to support the youth to the point of zero cost to the individual or family for the youth to shoot at various invitational events in the state.

The Parker County Sportsman's Club has donated the use of our trap and skeet field for the youth to practice on two Sundays per month for no fee.

We have seen the membership grow in the last year to 4 or 5 shooters to around 40 in the different shooting disciplines.

Thanks for the interest.

You can feel free to contact me at charlesbearden(at)mail(dot)com for additional information.

These guys and gals are our future and this is a very worthy cause.