The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 3, 2008, 10:21 PM   #1
gorgon24

cmw2212 - NOT a Good Trader! BEWARE

Don't even bother with this guy!

He will lead you on forever but never seal the deal.

Actually he will never complete the deal once he agrees to it.

Trader / Buyer Beware!
Old May 3, 2008, 10:44 PM   #2
dave421

so you're condemning someone because you DIDN'T do a deal? Last I checked, people are allowed to do whatever they want until money or goods are exchanged. Remind me to never do business with you. I'd hate for you to assume that we had a deal and then try to dirty my name because you were mistaken. In case you're not aware, people do business in more than one place. I don't know CMW2212 but he is on another forum that I'm on and he has great feedback. From looking at what you posted in the FS thread here, it looks to me like you made a mistake and now you're upset that you didn't get what you want.
Old May 4, 2008, 09:55 AM   #3
ssilicon

Agreed. If no money was in jeopardy, then there was no bad deal. Maybe a deal that never happened, but not a bad deal.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Huntergirl

Sorry, but I disagree. Whatever happened to a person's word as truth? Someone can tie up a sale for a long time, while the other person may be losing a sale somewhere else, or losing buyers to someone else while waiting for the sale to finalize. I've seen this happen. Something akin to an employer who promises a certain position to someone, only to put that new employee in a less desirable position that is difficult to fill, all the while telling him, he will get the position soon. Then keep the original position open for another prospective employee. Trashy, very trashy.

BTW, Gorgon has several great feedbacks from others on this Forum.

Last edited by Huntergirl; May 4, 2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: more
Old May 4, 2008, 10:50 AM   #5
rantingredneck

My understanding is that CMW was the seller though, not gorgon.

And I had a great transaction FTF with CMW a couple weeks ago.
Old May 4, 2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Huntergirl

So Gorgon may have had other possibilities for buying opportunities....wasted if he's waiting on someone.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:13 PM   #7
dave421

but if you read his posts, it appears that he ASSUMED that they had a deal. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't assume anything when it comes to online deals. Until the person specifically tells me that we have a deal, we don't. I've done way too much dealing online with people telling me that they want it and offering a bunch of different deals but never following through with it. Unless I tell them that it's theirs, it isn't.

Gorgon's feedback is kind of irrelevant as well. Here's he's posting up to damage someone's reputation that HE NEVER DID BUSINESS WITH. He wasn't scammed. He didn't get something other than what he was expecting. He didn't have to wait 3 weeks for the seller to ship something. He's just mad because he didn't "win" the item. I don't believe that's cause to say "Beware" and "Not a good trader".
Old May 4, 2008, 12:29 PM   #8
rantingredneck

What he /\ said.
Old May 4, 2008, 06:58 PM   #9
Huntergirl

OK my bad. I misread into it.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:09 PM   #10
gorgon24

I am not the only one ....

Please review the thread "WTS Kimber Ultra CDP (NC)".

You will see I am not the only one that "sealed the deal" with cmw2212. At least one other had it in the bag.

I was NOT trying to damage anyones reputation. I did however feel it was important to let others know how someone operates.

I answered his post and offered EXACTLY what he wanted. He accepted. It was complete. What did I misunderstand? Isn't that the way it works? I am a man of my word. When I tell someone, "We have a deal" that is what I mean. Should I not expect that from another?

Huntergirl - nailed it perfectly .... I did miss another great opportunity thanks to cmw2212.

dave421 - I would Never assume we had a deal ... unless you told me "we have a deal". The I would expect you to hold up your end of the bargain. Just as I think you would expect of me. Am I correct, Sir? If we both agreed to make a trade and all that needed to be done was iron out the details then you never heard from me again wouldn't you get a little upset and want to warn other TFL members about me?
Sorry we won't be doing business. I really like working with honest folk who stand behind their word. (like Huntergirl!)

rantingredneck - I am glad you had a great experience. Not so with me and at least one other.

ssilicon - I did lose money and a trade because of cmw2212. So in my book that is bad deal.

Sorry if I offened anyone .... but I thought this forum was here to let folks know the GOOD (which I have done in several cases) and the BAD (which I have done for cmw2212 only - so far).

It is like this - I call it like it is. Some folks don't like or can't handle this. But I don't sugar coat anything. To much of that going on anymore. Politically Correct I am Not. Sorry but that is just me.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:20 PM   #11
rantingredneck

Sounds as if your complaint is legitimate then. My apologies.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:29 PM   #12
gorgon24

rantingredneck - Thank you! No problem between sportsmen.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:35 PM   #13
cmw2212

The only thing I will say is I never committed to the trade with either parties. We never exchanged info or FFL's. I know I IM'd the other guy and thought I had IM'd you also and if not I do apologize for the oversight. I will not go into details but my situation was at the point I could not afford to do a trade for the Kimber. thepish IM'd me on 4/27 at 6:26 so he was the first to contact me.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:47 PM   #14
gorgon24

Now the rest of the story .....

BULL!

If it was sold why did you have me sending picture after picture. We talked. I offered several different firearms. You did commit (to 3 people now) ... 2 of which were after you had apparently sold it to thepish!

If what you say is true and thepish was first to contact you on 4/27 at 6:26 (and you apparently worked out a deal) Please explain your post:
04-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Bump, trade offers considered. Small revolvers + cash or Glock + cash
Whatever your situation you could have answered my many emails or PM's to let me know the deal was off.

This is NOT good business.

I am happy for thepish and hope he gets his Kimber quickly.
Old May 4, 2008, 09:03 PM   #15
cmw2212

To try and clear this up. thepish IM'd me but hadn't made up his mind, he was the first person to give me an I'll take it for my asking price which he did on 5/1 at 2:46. Do you have any IM's where I said "OK it's a trade". I looked through my stuff and all I found are offers. Once again I apologize if you feel you have been wronged. I have nothing else to add.
Old May 4, 2008, 09:46 PM   #16
gorgon24

Bull (x2)

Well Sir. The quota on PM's is 150. My box was almost full and recently I cleared everything out. So to answer your question "no" I don't have (nor do I save others) PM's. To me it was a matter of trust.

You did notice that another person must NOT have saved your "OK it's a trade" PM either.

It is sad that because you REFUSED to answer my repeated request for communication that I lost another deal and money!

It is not a matter of how I "feel", Sir. It is FACT!

Face it ... you played at least 3 people and accepted ALL 3 offers.

Why wouldn't I and the other party that thought it was a done deal for him as well be hacked off?

Is there anyone reading this that wouldn't? Lost a great deal, lost big money, and that is just me.

Sorry ... I ain't buying the "cmw2212 is the victim" act.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:06 PM   #17
cmw2212

I haven't played anyone and I have never said I was the victim. Where I am from for it to be a deal both parties have to accept it and you exchange information. Just an FYI I would not have accepted the last deal, my wife wanted something stainless for carry so blued would have been out. In the end, I feel that the property is the owners and he can sell or not sell to whoever he wants. I have had buyers and sellers back out on me and I accept it as part of dealing on the internet. I am not going to touch the one about me accepting offers from 3 people, I do still have my IM logs from the last week. If it makes you feel better to vent here then that's OK. Anyone who doesn't deal with me in the future because of this, I understand. Do you have any emails you sent me? The only ones I got are the 3 with pics.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:11 PM   #18
dave421

Gorgon, I find it odd that neither of the 2 people that were supposedly ripped off have any proof of him agreeing to a trade. Sorry but I stand by what I said earlier. It sounds like you assumed too much here. Perhaps it's time to be a bit more mature and delete this thread or change the title at a minimum.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:20 PM   #19
gorgon24

And the BULL goes on ....

What happened to -
Quote:
I have nothing else to add.
Quote:
I am not going to touch the one about me accepting offers from 3 people,
Of course you're not! It is right in the sale thread. You can't defend it!

I am not venting. I am letting others know your character.

Blued / Stainless ... whatever. I offered stainless!

Quote:
I feel that the property is the owners and he can sell or not sell to whoever he wants.
I agree 100%. But when you make the agreement you are bound to it. At least that is the way it works for honest people. But not for you according to this next statement ....
Quote:
I have had buyers and sellers back out on me and I accept it as part of dealing on the internet.
So I guess when dealing with you it is a crap shoot.

Very sad, Sir. Very sad.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:21 PM   #20
rantingredneck

It does seem at least that there was confusion between the two of you on whether you had a "deal" or not.

Even so this is not like you were ripped off. Not out any $ or a shipped firearm. I can see frustration if from your perspective there was a "deal". I've had people post an "I'll take it" in a thread and then never hear from them again. Especially in a thread last spring when I was trying to sell a Super Redhawk. I think I sold it 10 times between here and THR and never got it sold, I'd either get an "I'll take it", followed by "my wife won't let me" or an "I'll take it", followed by silence. I never posted negative feedback for any of those folks. Wasn't worth the drama, I eventually got it traded. Yes it was frustrating though.

Write it off as a misunderstanding and get on with things.

Life is too short.

Again, I've personally met CMW2212 and as I said before had a great transaction with him. Regardless of what went on here with this "deal" that is fact.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:29 PM   #21
gorgon24

dave421 - I appreciate you taking the time to look at this from both point of views and making a informed decission. But obviously you don't have all the information. As I stated I do NOT keep my PM's as the box only holds 150. Besides I am used to sending and deleting. I deal with what I feel are honest people all the time. Why would I need to keep a log? Well now I know why obviously.

rantingredneck - but I am out money and missed out on a heck of a deal.

Let's get something straight - If it was just one person (me) saying cmw2212 made a deal with me and then failed to follow through, that is one thing. But look at his sale post. There is another guy with almost the same story! This doesn't seem ODD to you guys? Make a deal with 3 guys at the same time but one person gets it while the other 2 think they have it. That isn't the same as "I'll take it".

Why shouldn't I let others know?
Old May 4, 2008, 10:34 PM   #22
gorgon24

Good Night All

Tell you what ... I am going to bed.

You figure it out and I will check in tomorrow.

I do appreciate everyones opinion. I don't mean to hurt anyone personally. I just mean to warn ALL TFL users of potential problem sellers and/or trader.

Have a great evening.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:36 PM   #23
cmw2212

Quote:
What happened to -

Quote:
I have nothing else to add.

I am not going to let you trash me without comment. Oh and yeah this sounds stainless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgon24
It is a beautiful Colt royal blue. It has sat in my safe since I purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw2212
What is the finish?
Way to take this out of context.

Quote:
I agree 100%. But when you make the agreement you are bound to it. At least that is the way it works for honest people. But not for you according to this next statement ....

Quote:
I have had buyers and sellers back out on me and I accept it as part of dealing on the internet.

So I guess when dealing with you it is a crap shoot
Yes I have agreed to buy stuff and buyers disappear and I have agreed to sell stuff and not heard from them again.

And I do not see any I'll take it's in the for sale ad.

Ok, now that everyone has been warned about how big a rip off artist I am maybe we can work on something more constructive.

As far as the other person, he could not complete a deal in the timeframe I needed. It was not his fault he was in FL and lived in PA.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:49 PM   #24
gorgon24

Well now ... just got a email as I was logging off

Excuse #1:
The stainless I was referring to was a Ruger SP101 - Remember?
BTW - Anyone can falsify PM logs using a text file.

Excuse #2:
Quote:
As far as the other person, he could not complete a deal in the timeframe I needed. It was not his fault he was in FL and lived in PA.
Hmmm.... Not what his post indicates. Your facts are NOT agreeing.

Excuse #3:
Quote:
And I do not see any I'll take it's in the for sale ad.
Oh come on. Like that was our only means of communication.

Please give the people reading this a little credit for having the mental capacity to think for themselves.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:55 PM   #25
cmw2212

Yes I turned the Ruger down due to barrel length. The only thing his post states is he bought the Kimber also. Once again, no I'll take it or cash exchanged hands. If you look in the PIF thread he states there he is in FL currently. I would post the IM but I would probably just fake it.

I never OK'd the deal for the Glock and the Colt. I am sorry you assumed that I had but that did not happen.
Closed Thread