The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 13, 2014, 01:42 AM   #1
riverratt

computer illiterate please help

Can someone explain in absolute layman terms how to post a picture. I only have a cellphone, no computer, and have no idea what a URL is or how i get it. Thanks!
Old October 13, 2014, 08:50 AM   #2
Mosin-Marauder

I use photbucket, it's wonderfully optimized for smartphone.
Download the app first. IT's free.

Open app, go to the Camera option, take the pic (it auto uploads after it is taken) then go to the phot0 share option (three little dots with two lines connecting) and hit copy to clipboard. Then select the IMG URL option, and once you click it, it automatically uploads to your clipboard, from there you can paste it into the forum post, which then displays it as a picture.

You can also upload pictures to Photobucket using the upload option and the same process. Hit the upload option in the little bubble (where you selected the camera option). Then once it is done uploading you can use the same process to copy it to your clip board and then paste it to the forum post to display the picture.

To paste, on my phone ( Samsung Galaxy S4) it requires me to either double tap where I am typing or hold down and tap outside which brings up the cursor so I can paste. IF you need more help please feel free to ask. I will be glad to help.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old October 13, 2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Mal H
Staff

riverratt - did you read our thread on the subject in this forum cryptically titled "Posting pictures"?
Old October 13, 2014, 10:21 AM   #4
243winxb

Get the Photobucket APP for your phone. Upload to photobucket. Use the URL to post. http://www.photobucket.com/joe1944usa Set up an account.