The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 12, 2009, 11:40 AM   #1
m&p9newbie4sure

first uspsa/ match

well i was a little nervous ......I arrived 1/2 hour early...... helped in final setup (painted steel).........signed up found out it was free for first time competetors (bonus)....had a new shooter meeting......then shooter meeting....nervous on first stage .Range Officer was very helpfull and friendly.overall experiance was awsome..I dont think i will go to the range very much after this ...cant think of a better way to shoot off 100-150 rounds...p.s. I learned that my M&P 9 is very accurate and reliable .... all the other guys in my squad(sig,Kimber, Glock) had at least 1 malfunction of some sort
Old April 12, 2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Steviewonder1

First USPSA Match in 10 years

I shot my first USPSA Monthly match in 10 years yesterday. It was a blast. It almost felt like a homecoming as I was able to say "Howdy" to a bunch of old friends most of which I had not seen in that time. I shoot in the "Senior Group" and am having fun. That is what it is all about, having fun and shooting SAFELY.
Old April 12, 2009, 07:59 PM   #3
cschwanz

sounds like a good time. I actually went to my first macth today as well, but i didnt shoot it. i just wanted to watch one to see how things played out. after the first shooter ran the first stage, i wished i had taken my gear, lol,
Ignorance can be fixed....its called education. Stupid will get you killed!
Old April 13, 2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Welcome aboard! I'm hoping to get back to it this week after several months off. Chances are you did better in your debut than I will in my first match back!
Old April 16, 2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Brit

Hurt my knee 3 months ago, just come good (just about) twisting to one side shooting from low cover (will take the 3 second penalty in the future) shot the first match, first Sunday of the month, did really well, no misses, top 3rd, all classes, 73.4!! That's age.

Use realistic street cover re clothes, a good carry pistol, and every single draw, is training, training to draw!

Try to be smooth, not jerky, smooth is good. Have fun, great people in this sport.