The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 4, 1999, 01:28 PM   #1
Jaeger

I have had my Remington 700 Police model in 308 for several years. I have shot nothing but Federal's 168gr. Match ammo with exceptional results. (1/2-3/4) Since I lost my source for getting this ammo cheaply I have decided to start reloading for it. I have been reloading for many years but not for 308. I am sticking with 168 gr. bullets because I have a Springfield Armory tactical scope that is calibrated for the Federal load. Finally my question: Does anyone have experience with the Hornady A Max 168gr. bullets? How do they perform as opposed to the 168 MK? Are there any particular powders that lend themselves to this application?
Old April 5, 1999, 03:06 PM   #2
Cheapo

Post the BC of the bullet and I'll run Sierra Ballistics for you.

Muzzle velocity, elevation, temperature, humidity (?), zero ranges and graph increments can all be done to your specifications.

Did I forget any variables?