The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 16, 2000, 02:26 AM   #1
houndawg

Whenever I access a link within a message or look at a profile, then close the link or profile window, then go back to the Forum list, my crosshairs are all bulletholes. This didn't used to happen. The only thing I've done is update my MSIE program. I've done the cookie thing and entered through the front door, but it's still the same. I used to be able to read the messages, play on all of the neat web pages people had links to, and be able to come back to crosshairs and pink folders. I hope I'm explaining my dilema satisfactorily. Can anybody help?
Old August 16, 2000, 06:43 AM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I've noticed the same thing on my Mac when using Internet Explorer. The thing that I do to avoid that is to choose the "open in new window" option when clicking links.

It sounds like the software/cookie/site is working as intended, though.

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited August 16, 2000).]
Old August 16, 2000, 07:39 AM   #3
houndawg

I do use "Open In New Window". When I close out the new window and use the back button to return to the forum list all of the crosshairs have turned to bulletholes and all of the folders in the forums have turned yellow. I have no idea which posts I haven't read then. Yeah, I can look at times and remember titles, but that's what the different color folders are for.