The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 6, 2015, 02:11 PM   #26
rkittine

I also use 50 round plastic boxes as some of the other posters listed. I try to precision load and therefore do not want my rounds bouncing around against each other. The plastic boxes protect the rounds while at the same time allowing very good stacking.

Bob
Old January 6, 2015, 06:16 PM   #27
reload

Bin to an ammo box tray for primer inspection then into a quart zip lock bag. 200 45 ACP per bag.
Old January 6, 2015, 06:39 PM   #28
Chaz88

I mostly use the 50 and 100 round hinged plastic boxes for loaded ammo. I think it is mostly because it speaks to the little bit of organizational OCD in me and somehow puts the finishing touch on for the time and effort I put into it.

I have considered going to something that works better for bulk loads because all the boxes I have can become a bit unmanageable.

For unloaded brass I use whatever plastic containers I can find. Such as storage bins, coffee cans, ice cream buckets, and other odd containers of unknown origin.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.
Old January 7, 2015, 10:11 PM   #29
frogo207

I put mine up in Zip-Loc freezer bags in manageable amounts. Close them after removing excess air and dump bags into USGI ammo cans for storage. Loads are marked and easily transported a bag at a time.
Old January 8, 2015, 09:24 PM   #30
sawdustdad

I've historically used 50 and 100 round plastic hinged lid ammo boxes. As my hoard of loaded ammo has grown, I'm finding the boxes less helpful. I've got some nice metal parts cabinets and have filled drawers with loaded ammo, labeled appropriately. I'll transfer to plastic boxes for trips to the range.

If I'm working up a load, I'll usually put them in zip lock bags by load/type. That keeps them separate.
Old January 9, 2015, 12:45 AM   #31
Nick_C_S

Quote:
Magnum Wheel Man said: "A little OCD here... so all mine go into 50 round plastic boxes... different colors for different calibers. . ."
Me too. I use all MTM boxes (50's & 100's). Blue is for 38 Special and 45 ACP; Green is for 357 Magnum and 10mm Auto. 44 Magnum gets the smoke colored units. 9mm gets Red.

Side note: The MTM 9mm boxes fit 38 Special DEWC's perfectly - 38 wadcutters fit better in them than 9mm's do. It's a really sweet sight for us OCD-ers.
Old January 9, 2015, 09:14 AM   #32
Magnum Wheel Man

yup... colors are good... only thing, I have more caliber than they make colors, so I try to alternate them on the shelf, & for sure put 38's in one color, & 357's in another ( for example )