The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 9, 2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Chris17404

future adjustable stock on Remington 1100?

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know if Remington is planning on adding an adjustable stock to their 1100 series of guns? In particular, the Tournament Skeet model?

I really like the looks of the 1100 Tournament Skeet and the fact that you can get it in a 26" barrel length. But... it doesn't fit me. The Beretta AL391 Urika comes with that shim system, and I can adjust it to fit me perfectly. But the shortest barrel length is 28", and the looks leave a bit to be desired.

Chris
Old February 9, 2006, 04:57 PM   #2
BUCKMARK

Whats the problem with the factory stock? There are many things you can do to adjust or alter the stock, but it helps if you know what you dont like about it. Give us more info.

Let's Roll!
Old February 9, 2006, 05:53 PM   #3
Chris17404

I have the same gun fit problem with the 1100 that I do with all other shot guns, especially my 870P. When I have it mounted in a position that I feel is comfortable where my head is not tilted, and I am relaxed:

1. My eyes are too high over the rib. Thus I believe I need to increase drop a little bit.
2. The recoil pad is too high on my shoulder, resulting on only the bottom 2/3 of it touching my shoulder. Again, some extra drop I think will help.
3. The barrel is pointing slightly left. Thus, I need to increase the "cast off".
4. I find my shooting hand scrunched to get my finger tip on the trigger properly. I have long arms. So I need to increase LOP about an inch or so.
5. With the increase in drop, I'll probably need to adjust the pitch also, so the recoil pad is flat against my shoulder.

FYI... I am 6'3" tall, and 205lbs. Adjusting the drop and cast are the two things that I cannot do myself, and would require a gunsmith to fix. They are also the two things that are off the most as far as gun fit. The shim system on the Beretta AL391 makes fixing this very easy.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old February 9, 2006, 05:56 PM   #4
kudu

I believe that one of the new 1100's has an adjustable stock. I would have to look at their web page to make sure.
http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ompetition.asp
Old February 9, 2006, 08:56 PM   #5
BUCKMARK

Wow, not many folks find the field type stock on a Remington shotgun to have too high of a comb. Most people want to raise it...no biggie.

If you want a Remington for sure, you can have a smith add a adjustable comb.

OR, you can look into a Jone's Stock Adjuster or similar products from Graco or 100 Straight. Around $45-$50.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...STOCK+ADJUSTER

Let's Roll!