The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 12, 2010, 10:00 PM   #1
ScottRiqui

+1 for Mec-Gar Magazines!

I ordered a 13-round magazine for my Beretta 84BB from Mec-Gar's website. I must have let my browser fill in my billing/shipping addresses, because it put "US Navy" under the company name.

The magazine arrived today, and instead of the regular price of $30.45 that was on the invoice that was emailed to me, they had knocked it down to $19 with a note that said "military discount".

Completely unexpected, and a very nice gesture. Thanks, Mec-Gar!
Old June 13, 2010, 12:21 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Is your company in direct ties with the Navy?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old June 13, 2010, 01:10 PM   #3
ScottRiqui

I'm active-duty Navy, and at some point I must have filled that in online when I was ordering something. My browser (Safari) saves all that kind of information, so when I started filling in my billing/shipping/email information for the Mec-Gar order, the browser automatically filled in *all* of the fields, including the "company" field. I didn't notice it at the time, but looking at the invoice that was e-mailed to me, it's there.
Old June 13, 2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Xfire68

If your "Active" duty then you should get the military discount. It's great that many company's offer one and I know being former active Air Force that I did not make all that much money and any discount was a welcome bonus!
Old June 13, 2010, 04:13 PM   #5
ScottRiqui

Quote:
If your "Active" duty then you should get the military discount.
That's just the thing - I didn't even know they offered a military discount, since it's not mentioned on their website. Someone at Mec-Gar obviously noticed the "US Navy" in my address information and went to the trouble of changing the price for me.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and let them know how much I appreciate it.