The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 19, 2013, 02:59 PM   #1
bountyhunter1

Todays ammo costs

How many people have tried purchasing 22 or 223 ammo the past 2-3 months? I am so sick of these bloated prices by websites that prior to Christmas were sportsman friendly..Now they say we are selling a brick of cheap Remington 22 ammo that was 20-22 dollars for 50-60 dollars..They say "the price has gone up" thats why..I have a family member that works for a major hunting/sporting goods company. This company has large stores with hundreds of animal mounts displayed. (not sure if names are allowed) and he told me the price has gone up but not more than about 10%-15%...Anything over that is greed and capitalizing on the situation..All I will say is remember these ammo sites and stores doing this to us..Then only buy from the ones that sold ammo for the regular prices....
Old April 19, 2013, 03:08 PM   #2
Jeff #111

Don't take this wrong, but this topic is being covered Ad nauseam on hundred ,even thousands, of other threads on this forum and many many others. Do we really need another one?
Old April 19, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Evan Thomas

No, we don't.

Mike Irwin has started a thread in this forum titled The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc... That's the one, central thread where discussions of the price and availability of these things should now be taking place. Feel free to post there.