The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 28, 2010, 11:11 PM   #1
ice9_us

walther p22

I have a walther p22. The front site keeps popping off.
I have tried everything J&B Weld, super glue... you name it..

I would like to replace the front site with the short shotgun site found at sports academy and other gun shops.. I like the bright color. The screw for those sites is just to short to work on the gun.

Any idea's on what i can use to stick that sucker on.. Nothing holds worth a darn..
Old July 30, 2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Chris_B

JB Weld and Superglue didn't work because they don't bond the materials you're looking to bond, and/or you didn't prep the surfaces well enough

I can name a dozen adhesives off the top of my head from 3M products for aerospace that you won't find at Home Depot, to Elmer's glue

How about you describe what you've tried, and how you did it, and maybe that will give us a clue as to where you're going wrong
Old July 30, 2010, 04:42 PM   #3
rtpzwms

Is this the one on the slide or the stabilizer? Is it happening in both? Also how old is it? Have you talked with the mfg service desk to see if they can help or want to see the gun? Is it possible that it was damaged during removal? I've removed and reinstalled mine without problems. You really should not need an adhesive. Good luck with this.
Old July 31, 2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Chris_B

Some P22 owners complain that their front sight comes off; my own P22 is rock-solid, luckily