The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 7, 2011, 09:51 PM   #1
JROD82

Mossberg 500 pistol grip problems

Over the weekend me and a co-worker of mine went to a gun show as he wanted to purchase a shot gun. Long story short he ended up buying a Mossberg 500 pistolgrip 12ga. He also purchased a Knoxx Spec. Ops Recoil Reducing Stock. We tried to install the stock on the shotgun but it does not match up to his reciever. Take it that the package of the stock says it is for the Mossberg 500. Has anyone come accross this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old June 8, 2011, 06:56 AM   #2
oneoldsap

Location: I live in the foot of the Green Mountains of Vermont
If the Package was opened , it may be missing a part . If memory serves me well , those stocks fit more than one gun ! You are probably missing an adapter of some sort .
Old June 8, 2011, 07:45 AM   #3
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Is it too wide/tall at the receiver? If so, is the gun in question a 20 gauge? Rear stocks fit 12 or 20 but the receiver on the 20 is a tad narrower and not as thick top to bottom leaving a little lip all around.

Brent
Old June 8, 2011, 09:33 AM   #4
Carne Frio

These folks might be able to help you:

http://www.blackhawk.com/downloads/s...contactus.html
Old June 8, 2011, 05:29 PM   #5
JROD82

It was an un-openned package with all the parts required. By looking at the stock it has the same out-line shape as the back of the reciever. I called Blackhawk and they suggested doing like the instructions say about removing any crud that would cause this, but thats not the issue. Hopefully I can get some pics and post them.....Its kinda hard to explain. Like the saying from Gone With The Wind...."If it ain't fittin, it just ain't fittin".