The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 3, 2004, 10:52 PM   #1
Bill Z

I got a new gadget!!!!

Okay fella's, I like my gadgets, and I'm enthusiastic about my hobbies. When I was haunting the boards and E-Bay for re-loading equipment I noticed that Dillon once made a loaded round counter. I had to have one, so I started bidding on them. Darn things go for over 35.00 usually and you would practically need one for every toolhead. I finally managed to get one in a deal but it was missing a part. No poblem, I'll buy a part from Dilon. Well, they don't sell or service that counter anymore, so I was out of luck. I ran across another ad for a stroke counter, but it only fit the 1050, and also one for the 650. Out of curiosity I contacted the seller and asked if he planned to make one for the 550, I knew I wanted at least one if not two and I felt it maight be a good seller. Actually, I was just worried about my two at the time, but it sounded good anyway. Well, I finally got them in today. They are a pretty neat set-up. They work on the stroke of the press, not necessarily on the loaded round, but it gets you real close. The advantage, only one counter per press. I tried one of them out tonite and it works great. Had to make one adjustment like the instructions said and it doesn't miss a beat. It let's me keep track of what I'm doing so I have a little better than an educated guess. Now, I don't know this gentleman, other than the few e-mails we exchanged, but after I bought my two counters I felt the right thing to do would be to spread the word a little, after all, a potential customer made a request and he answered, you cannot ask for much more than that, other than a great price. He sells them for around 20.00 shipped give or take a few cents depending on payment fees if any. I know he makes them for the 550, 650 and 1050, but he is also experimenting with other brands so don't be shy, ask him!

Here is his e-mail addressGary O. reloading counter guy

Old July 3, 2004, 05:37 PM   #2
get2now

Stroke Counters

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I have been trying to put up a website where interested parties can purchase a counter directly through me but due to my limited knowledge of web page building it's been slow.
If anyone is interested in purchasing a counter or getting more information on a counter for their Dillon loader please go to Counters By get2now. Pricing and easy to follow purchase directions are on this page. It's also cheaper to purchase directly from me so I can cut out the middle man (ebay) fees.
I haven't figured out yet how to get pictures of these counters on that page yet either but if your interested in the different models I supply go to My Ebay Link and click any of the counter listings to see what they look like.
If you're interested just shoot me an email and I'll answer all your questions.
Thanks,
get2now