The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 29, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
warbirdlover

Ambush firearms

Just watched a hunting show where they were hawking these AR-15 style rifles. Anyone ever heard of them before?
Old October 29, 2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Hansam

I'd seen some of their "products" and handled them too.

Frankly I was unimpressed when I looked at their prices. While the build quality was good it is really no difference from say a Colt, BCM etc.

I found out, after some research, that Ambush Firearms is manufactured by Daniel Defense. Again Daniel Defense is a good quality firearm but their prices turn me off. I could buy a Colt 6920 and a bunch of ammo for the price of one Daniel Defense/Ambush Firearms - you can get a 6920 for less than $1100 while the least expensive Daniel Defense rifle goes for $1375 and its hard to find that particular one in stock so the next least expensive one in stock is $1500+.

Anyway if you've got the money to spend they're not a bad gun - in my book though its not a good enough value to justify spending the extra money.
Old October 29, 2012, 08:40 PM   #3
RT

Isn't Ambush just the "hunting" division of Daniel Defense?
Old October 29, 2012, 09:51 PM   #4
ripnbst

Yes, it is.
Old November 1, 2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Marquezj16

Quote:
I could buy a Colt 6920 and a bunch of ammo for the price of one Daniel Defense/Ambush Firearms
I'm not defending DD here, but Ambush Firearms offers more than 5.56 rifles. They have 6.8 and .300 BO. Also they come in mossy oak or real tree.
You could probably do up your pony to have the same paint but I don't think they have them in 6.8 or .300.

DD has a great reputation. I would expect Ambush Firearms to carry the same quality. They are pricey though.