The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 16, 2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Haz251

Which companies offers Military / LEO discounts?

This may be the wrong section if so admin feel free to move it. But does anyone know of which companies offer deals to LEOs? More specifically does anyone know of any 1911 manufacturers that offer deals? I'm looking to buy a Colt but can't find any info if they offer anything to Public Safety Officials. I live in NC so if any of you guys know of any good shops for me to check out plz let me know.
Many Thanks
Old June 16, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Pahoo

They are out there !!!

Quote:
Public Safety Officials
If you are comfortable with stating so, can you be more specific? I do know that there are special purchasing program available, from various manufacturers. Also, a number of years ago, I knew of a dealer that was designated or licensed to sell to LEO's at a discount. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old June 16, 2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Haz251

No I don't mind at all, no one here knows my actual identity so I don't see it putting me at risk (generally I don't tell people my occupation). But I am a Corrections Officer. Live in NC but work in VA. In VA I am Law Enforcement and am sworn in as such (unfortunetly a lot of ppl give me hell about it I.E. no your not law enforcement ur a damn guard.... Mhmm okay then. First of all I'm no guard. I don't work at a damn mall or 7/11)
Old June 16, 2013, 04:37 PM   #4
Pahoo

Seek and ye shall find.

Most of the big firearm manufactures have special purchasing programs. They have different "program" names as well as discounts. Suggest you make individual contact and inquire about these. I'm not involve with law enforcement but have participated in these Special Programs. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old June 17, 2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Corrections Cop

Glock does. Check out police equipment stores that sell firearms. The place our Dep gets all the guns for all the facilities in the state gives LE/Corrections Officers discounts on most of their new firearms, I believe. Plus that place sells all the states turn in weapons as well. But the glock discount is the best. Talk to your arsenal sergeant/manager, to see where you get the weapons for the facility from, if it's a shop most likely that place would be able to help you out.
Old June 17, 2013, 10:22 PM   #6
weblance

FNH does
Old June 18, 2013, 08:17 AM   #7
Spats McGee
Staff

If you're interested in a particular brand, just email the company and ask. Glock, for example, extends its Blue Label program to "District Attorneys." Even though that's not my title (Arkansas doesn't have anybody called a "district attorney"), and told them that I am authorized to prosecute felonies in my judicial district. Without hesitation, they sent me all of the materials. IOW, even if your title isn't listed, the company can still include you in the pricing program based on your job description.
Old June 18, 2013, 08:46 PM   #8
KyJim

Take a look at Bud's Police Supply for a list of manufacturers who evidently have programs. Either the manufacturers or Bud's seem to limit the number of firearms sold as I have seen some models available for regular commercial sale but out of stock on the police side. I have a Colt AR on layaway there. Be careful about Dan Wesson 1911s there, however. I've actually seen them higher priced on the Police Supply site than on the regular commercial site -- if they're available at all.