The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 11, 2013, 07:50 PM   #51
MLeake

Jskd82, you make strong claims, but don't back them in any way.

I know some guys who do get access to 360 ranges, but you don't strike me as one of them from your attitude or your attempts at mysterious cool.
Old March 11, 2013, 07:55 PM   #52
Jskd82

Re: Why do some people look behind them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLeake View Post
manta49, if you have to ask who Massad Ayoob and Rob Pincus are (both are cops, very well known instructors, grandmaster competitive shooters - Mas is a grandmaster in ALL IDPA categories, and gun writers - I have been reading articles and books by Mas for 28 years) then your ability to give advice on this topic is definitely questionable.
LOL just because he doesn't know about someone or hasn't read the persons book doesn't mean he doesn't have knowledge on the topic... I'm not saying he does but your statement is pretty ignorant.
Old March 11, 2013, 07:56 PM   #53
Jskd82

Quote:
Jskd82, you make strong claims, but don't back them in any way.

I know some guys who do get access to 360 ranges, but you don't strike me as one of them from your attitude or your attempts at mysterious cool.
I'm not trying to be cool or never claimed to be anything
Old March 11, 2013, 07:58 PM   #54
MLeake

Anybody who claims to follow handgun defensive theory who has never heard of Ayoob or Pincus is immediately suspect.

I am not a fan of Gabe Suarez, but I have heard of the man and have some idea of who he is and what he teaches.

I have not met Clint Smith, but am aware of him.

Also, if manta49 were really serious, rather than attempting to be dismissive, he could have very easily found out who the people he was dismissing were. He didn't, so he ended up looking foolish. That's on him.

As for you, the "LOL" really removes you from the category you'd like to imply you are in.
Old March 11, 2013, 08:02 PM   #55
MLeake

Jskd82 said,
Quote:
I'm not trying to be cool or never claimed to be anything
Well, now that you have gone back and edited that post, you aren't claiming anything... Nice revisionist history.

You implied that your training was much better than that provided by Rob or Mas, right up until you edited that post. You implied that you were high-speed low-drag... and then you come up with LOL and smilies...

Frankly, you are going on my ignore list.
Old March 11, 2013, 08:04 PM   #56
Jskd82

Quote:
Anybody who claims to follow handgun defensive theory who has never heard of Ayoob or Pincus is immediately suspect.

I am not a fan of Gabe Suarez, but I have heard of the man and have some idea of who he is and what he teaches.

I have not met Clint Smith, but am aware of him.

Also, if manta49 were really serious, rather than attempting to be dismissive, he could have very easily found out who the people he was dismissing were. He didn't, so he ended up looking foolish. That's on him.

As for you, the "LOL" really removes you from the category you'd like to imply you are in.
Keep ASSuming don't think I ever implied anything ..... unlike you who "reads books" so that must make you an "expert" and knowing someone automatically gives you street creds Good luck I'm done with this conversation!
Old March 11, 2013, 08:07 PM   #57
MLeake

Yes, I read books, and shoot IDPA...

... and qualified Expert pistol and rifle with the Navy and the Army....

... and have attended shooting courses taught by Mas Ayoob, as well as by ODA guys from a CJSOTF I worked with...

... and building clearing courses at Fort Jackson...

... and another shooting course at Fort Bragg, taught by AFSOC instructors...

... and training while attached to a security unit...

... and none of the 1st MAR, Combat Controller, SEAL, or SF guys I know talk like you do.
Old March 11, 2013, 10:06 PM   #58
Evan Thomas

And that's enough bickering for one thread...