The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 16, 2011, 08:19 PM   #1
kwhi43

Capper

Mores of the tools of the trade I use. My capper used to cap our single
shot target pistols. Made in USA and engraved by my old friend Smitty"

Here is a link to his web site http://smittys-engraving.us/

Last edited by kwhi43; April 17, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old April 16, 2011, 10:48 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

I've used one of Ted Cash's cappers like yours for years - in fact, I have two of them. The first one I bought was brass - I purchased it at Ted's booth at Friendship. I started to have a couple of problems with it feeding caps and the next time I was at Friendship, I took it to Ted's booth to see if he could fix it while I was there - fully expecting to pay him for the fix. He told me to stop back and he had put in a new spring. He wouldn't take anything for the "fix". The brass capper was getting some corrosion from just everyday use due to fouling on my hands so I always kept it polished up nice. He wouldn't tajke anything for fixing it - I left after purchasing one of the German Silver ones (or whatever it is) that I knew wouldn't have any corrosion problmes due to my dirty hands. They are certainly slicker than sliced bread and I love mine. I've bought all sorts of Ted's products including ramrod thimbles, inlays, etc. He puts out an excellent product and he defines the term "fine gentleman". I love the engraving on yours - very nice!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63