striderteen

Firearms are not allowed on campus.
Old February 20, 2002, 06:52 PM   #27
loandr.

?

two pages worth of "what can I use as a weapon and not get
thrown out of college thread" and now I first find out you have
a samuri sword over the bed? Is campus ok with that? if so
I think the choice is obvious my friend...Ginsu city!
loandr.
Old February 22, 2002, 03:12 PM   #28
TearsOfRage

Quote:
Can you get paintballs filled with OC liquid?
Police can, they're called pepperballs, and they sound very effective.

But they won't sell them to civilians. I don't think they're actually illegal, the makers just won't sell them to us proles.
Old February 22, 2002, 04:50 PM   #29
Carbon_15

You can buy unfilled .68 caliber gellatin balls. They kinda look like big round empty jel-caps. Or more accuratly, smaller, rounder versions of those little plastic bubbles we used to get rabbits feet and press-on tattos out of gun ball machines. They are really fun for filling up with flintpowder, a little sand, and a touch of black powder. Makes a nice little puff and some sparks when you shoot against a hard surface. Magnesium works good to but its more of a fire hazard. I'm sure you could fill 'em with OC powder or some other chemical iritant. If I can find the link to the website that sells them, I'll post it. You should be able to find them if you look on the web for movie special effects equipment.
Old February 27, 2002, 03:20 AM   #30
makarov

Why don't they sell pepper-spray paint balls to civilians? I mean it is a non-lethal deterrent that actually sounds like it would work. I live in a pretty safe area, but if I did live in a bad part of town and wanted to protect my house that sounds like a pretty good alternative to a firearm. Suppose someone is in your house, but they are unarmed. They are physically threatening you. You have a gun, but at what point do you shoot this person. Do you shoot to wound, to kill. I have to wonder about this. I do have a handgun, actually several, but I sometimes wonder about the use of deadly force. With that said if someone were in my house and they had a .357 I sure wouldn't want to be sitting there with a Tippman 98!
Old February 27, 2002, 11:04 AM   #31
Daniel

I'ma thinkn' that a standard take-down recurve bow would make a pretty darn good non-firearm missile weapon. (Cheap too!)