The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 2, 2002, 11:47 AM   #1
Riss

Harris bipod vs Versa Pod or others

Have heard many claiming greatness upon the Harris bipods and many offering them as original equipment on their tactical guns. Does anyone have knowledge of the Harris in comparison to the Versa Pod series or others. Harris being oneof the more expensive would be second to last on my list. Tilting vs non-tilting ? rotating vs fixed. Sling stud mount is necessary, not a barrel mount. Any feedback would be helpful.
Old April 3, 2002, 05:57 PM   #2
Sierra1

Riss,
I just asked this question on another board about 2 months ago. I inherited a nice Winchester Model 70 that was set up as a real paper puncher and I wanted a bi-pod that I could use for both benchrest and prone shooting. There were several comments that the Versapod was better and some that the Harris was. In the end I purchased the Harris model LS which is the 9"-13" adjustable bipod with the swivel feature. The swivel is great for prone shooting from uneven ground, it eliminates the need ti make individual adjustment to the legs. I have been very happy with it and have put about 300 rounds through my rifle since I put the Harris on it.