The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 29, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Pietro Beretta

Range Master of San Luis Obispo

Range Master of San Luis Obispo -- AKA Marksman Range & Threads, INC

I had a bad customer experience with this establishment.

I needed two firearms shipped out of state to an FFL Holder.

I stated what I wanted to do: ship a handgun to an out of state FFL holder.

I was quoted: $30 for shipping, as well as $20 for the paperwork; per handgun.

I had the people I was doing transaction with send in their FFL.

A couple of days before I went in to the store, I was emailed by someone named "Bill"

He said that the cost of shipping may be more than $30.00. He also specifically stated they ship UPS Next Day Air Saver. I politely told him what I was quoted, and if it was going to be more, I wish they would have told me that from the beginning: a price range, instead of an exact amount.

I told him as long it was not over $50.00 per handgun that it would be fine.

I went into their establishment 7/23/2009 to ship the firearms, im not sure of the name of the person who did the paperwork for me when I went in to ship my firearms. He did state that they would ship that day, 7/23/09.

He charged me the original quoted rate.

I let the buyers know that they shipped 7/23/09 via ups next day air saver; like the establishment told me they would.

Today I was PM'd by one of my buyers that they have yet to receive the handgun. I was able to call the establishment 4 minutes before they closed. I asked the status of the shipment/transfer, I also asked for the tracking numbers.

It turns out they shipped the firearms via FEDEX. One was shipped fedex home delivery (a fancy name for non business ground), the other FEDEX Saver.

The one that was shipped fedex saver does not show that it has even been picked up or received by FEDEX yet.

UPDATE: The 2nd firearm was finally picked up by FEDEX on Tuesday. They tried to tell me that it was FEDEX fault not picking up the firearm. Since I am a warehouse manager and have experience in these things, I know that is complete garbage and someone at the establishment wasn't doing their job.

I am sure if you are a LEO they are "johnny on the spot."

As a civilian going into that establishment, I was lied to.

They will not get my business again, if YOU end up shopping there, I would make sure to ask every question twice, and get names as well.