The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 5, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Rikakiah

Scope shade?

Anyone know if there's a sunshade available or one that will fit a Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 2-10x 36mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments First Focal Illuminated EMDR Reticle Matte?

It may be a non-issue, but concerned about glare spoiling a coyote. I could get an anti-reflection device that will fit, but figure that would darken my view, so would prefer just the sunshade tube if I can find one that fits.
Old September 5, 2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Pahoo

Not an easy task !!!

You should first go to Weaver and see if there is one available for this objective. You say that this is a 36MM? I wish that scope manufacturers would d a better job of making these available for thief scopes. You could also try one of the exclusive scope stores. I have a 50MM scope that to date, have not been able to pin down what sun-shade to buy. I have also seen them at GS's and when I ask the dealer what it fits, They don't know. ...

Good luck and;
Be Safe !!!
Old September 5, 2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Rikakiah

Yeah, I looked pretty hard and all I came up with was 42 and 50mm. Granted, it was via my phone, which isn't the most efficient search tool. I guess the next step is try a real computer and then perhaps call them.
Old September 6, 2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Rifleman1776

Make your own. Lightweight tubing painted black will work. Paper roll tubes work fine and you can replace at near no cost.
Old September 6, 2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Pahoo

Schwinn Tube

Quote:
Paper roll tubes work fine and you can replace at near no cost.
I've done something similar, using short sections of bicycle inner-tube. Worked pretty well and protected the bell. Made a mistake of taking it out to the range one time and the guys asked me if it was a Schwinn tube. ....

Be Safe !!!