The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old April 25, 2005, 08:16 AM   #1
FirstFreedom

More anti-hunting Hollywood bias

Just watched the movie "Old School" last night....aside from this arguably being a colossal waste of time, did anyone (who saw it) notice that the "bad guy" - the dean of the college - was shown to be a hunter several times by showing his trophy heads and pictures in his college office? It really steams me that Hollyweird seems to go out of its way to demonize hunters....and it made absolutely no sense in this movie - it was an obvious stretch because the dean character, as the nemesis of the main guys, was one who took revenge on them since they gave him wedgies and such in high school - a really nerdy character - not the kind of person who in reality has any interest in hunting, 99.9% of the time. Stupid, stupid.
Old April 25, 2005, 01:51 PM   #2
Raymond Losli

what is this , Ebert & Roper ?.........I give the Movie .....Two Thumbs Up........

I think you are - Missing the Point - they, Over Exaggerate and Stereotype / All and Everybody / all political agenda. not just the pro-gun aggenda.

The movie , Old School ......was extremely funny & KICKED - ASS, along with Will Ferrel.... (that bastard rules)

This is coming from a Guy who has an extreme distaste of the.. Suck-Ass Liberal, And just plan Bull-S##T Riddled, Hollywood. that is making a feeble attempt to Social-Engineer our society as a whole. and that is also, Ruled by Corporate - Superficial, Hype and the almighty Dollar $........ (just my opinion of course)