The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 6, 2008, 11:00 PM   #1
TexasSeaRay

A GREAT little boolit that is CHEAP to shoot!

I ordered a Lee .358 105 gr SWC mold a little while back. It came in, I prepped it and then started making boolits.

Cute little things, and at only 105 grains, you can get a LOT out of just a little lead. Hell, just 8 pounds of lead will net you over 500 of these things.

Loaded some up for .38 Special, primarily for my wife's Taurus 85 and an occasional two or three cylinder-fulls in her Model 38 Airweight just so she can stay good with trigger pull and aimpoint. That's her carry gun.

No recoil, even in the Airweight, and outstanding accuracy. First target is out of the 4" 686, handheld at 50'

This target is out of her Airweight, handheld at 20'

These are gonna be FUN!

Jeff

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.
Old May 7, 2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Crosshair

I use mine primarily as a 9mm boolit and they are a great little design. I'll try some in my 357 later.

The only thing to remember is to heat the lead rather hot to keep the 6-cavity the proper temp.
Old May 7, 2008, 08:18 PM   #3
GP100man

boolits

i load these backwards to make a wc & the "swc" end takes up a little space so you can drop the powder another .1grs or 2, great little boolit to 50ft or so .

GP100man##