The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 31, 2008, 02:32 AM   #1
Ninth and Plum

Best Deal On Powder/Primers

Hey guys I was wondering if you guys have any good web sites on where the best deal to buy powder and primers online is. The best place so far I have found is powder valley and midway. Normally I would just buy them locally but there so much more expensive that even with the hazmat fee I can still get them cheaper online.
Old July 31, 2008, 06:40 AM   #2
mniesen89

just do you research,sites prices change like I change my underwear.Your best way to save money is to buy in bulk.
Old July 31, 2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Sevens

If you want one-stop shopping without all the hassle, stick with Powder Valley. Across the board, their prices seem to be consistently among the lowest.

I love, love Midway, but I've never been impressed with their prices on either powder or primers. And I'm fortunate enough to have a store (somewhat) in my area where I can get powder at a good price, typically $13-$14 a pound for Alliant pistol powders, around $15-$16 per pound on Hodgdon rifle powders which are the two I tend to use the most. Accurate powders tend to be higher in price and I won't even try a Vihtavuori powder because of the price. (I don't want to get addicted to some expensive powder!)
Old July 31, 2008, 09:28 AM   #4
crazylegs

Powder Valley is my choice.
Crazylegs
Old July 31, 2008, 05:26 PM   #5
zxcvbob

Powder Valley is my first choice. Good prices all the time, big selection, and good service.

Hi-techammo.com and patsreloading.com have ridiculously good deals on occasion. I ordered 2 jugs of surplus NATO 9mm powder a couple of months ago for $7/pound from hi-tech and it's great stuff, and the service was *fast*. I wish I had bought at least 4 jugs (they're sold out of it now). I haven't ordered from Pat's yet, they are just on my watchlist.

I also haven't tried Graf's yet, but I hear good things about them.
Old July 31, 2008, 06:49 PM   #6
CrustyFN

Powder Valley is the cheapest unless you have a C&R license, then go to Graf's.
Rusty