The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 14, 2007, 09:41 AM   #1
Kato_Guy

rcbs dies

I just bought the lee aniversary kit and they had the 223 deluxe die set but they did not have ANY 270wsm dies. so I bought a set of rcbs dies.

Do the rcbs dies screw in and everything the same as the lee dies?

Are all dies the same exact thing just made a little different quality?

thanks for your help!
Old February 14, 2007, 10:48 AM   #2
rwilson452

I just bought the lee aniversary kit and they had the 223 deluxe die set but they did not have ANY 270wsm dies. so I bought a set of rcbs dies.

Do the rcbs dies screw in and everything the same as the lee dies?

Yes, fortunatly for use the dies today will fit most presses. Lee presses takes the standard dies

Are all dies the same exact thing just made a little different quality?

Not exactly the same, they do the same job more or less in the same manner some are adjusted differently. In essence they will work in the Lee press. As to quality, I ain't going to go there. Talk to 10 different people and get 10 different answers as to which dies are better.

thanks for your help!
Old February 14, 2007, 10:48 AM   #3
FM12

All dies act pretty much the same way, but DO read the information/instruction booklet that comes with them. Also, any good reloading manual will have this information. If you have to force it, STOP, get help. If you have specific questions, I recommend the hot line from Sierra Bullets directly to one of their reloading expert/tech guys. They've been there, know that. Get their number form the sierrabulets website www.sierrabullets.com
Old February 14, 2007, 03:44 PM   #4
Kato_Guy

What I meant to say is:
On the lee dies they say raise the ram, screw in and then once the die is adjusted turn the die another 1/2 turn full turn whatever it is. When using the rcbs dies do I set them up the same as I would with the lee dies?

I think I found what I need on their website thanks anyhow!!!