The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 14, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1
koondawg

Colt Price before panic?

How much did a new Colt 6920 With magpul furniture (LE6920MP-B) before the current panic. Thank you
Old January 14, 2013, 11:16 PM   #2
tgreening

Old January 14, 2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Carne Frio

Walmart had them advertised for $1097.
They were at Sportsman's Warehouse for
the same price, last August. I Like that
Magpul furniture.
Old January 15, 2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Fishbed77

Quote:
Same price I saw here in SC.
Old January 15, 2013, 07:02 PM   #5
ttheel

They are going for over $2000 on gunbroker almost every day now.
Old January 15, 2013, 07:18 PM   #6
koondawg

Ya thats why I was asking I just sold my S&W mp15 for double what I paid for it and bought a colt. So basically I have the colt I want for $900. Im happy.
Old January 15, 2013, 07:34 PM   #7
BarryLee

Got one last summer for about $1100.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old January 15, 2013, 08:30 PM   #8
bobn

distributor pricing is still right around 1000 bucks. I saw an invoice from bill hicks. its the dealers that are jacking them up. I don't really care about supply and demand, when the craze is over I will remember the dealers that put it to me. it is the regular customers that keep them in business the rest of the year....fwiw bobn
Old January 15, 2013, 11:48 PM   #9
Mr.Scott

Ssshhh. Bob, don't let the cat out of the bag.
I kinda don't mind the shops charging more now. Now we are starting to see the real cause of prices going up. People are camping at big box stores hoping to score an AR so they can flip it online. I've driven past the same Academy sports for a week and they same guys are out front every morning.
These are the same jerks that will camp out when a new game system comes out so they can resell it online. It has nothing to do with supply and demand, when the demand is people that are buying out a product to create an artificial shortage.
The sheer number of ARs on message boards and gunbroker are proof that this is what is happening. If people were really buying for themselves, there wouldn't be any reselling going on.
Old January 16, 2013, 12:16 AM   #10
Fargazer

I paid 1100ish for my Colt Magpul AR.
Old January 16, 2013, 12:28 AM   #11
tgreening

Mr.Scott:

Kind of interesting you mention this. I remember the last ammo "shortage" and talking to the people in the sporting goods section of my local wally worlds. According to them they weren't having any particular problem getting in ammunition, it was just when they did the LGS owners would be waiting and buy it all up, creating shortages at the wally worlds which were the biggest sources of local cheap ammo.

My biggest problem is controlling my patience. Waiting is not one of my stronger points, and I have enough parts on hand to do at least one complete lower, purchased prior to The Madness. I saw today my LGS has some bushmaster uppers in stock, but at about $780 a pop. Not stellar pricing by any stretch, but I know they won't last either, so therein lies my dilemma. Wait and twitch till prices come down and availability goes up. or satisfy my craving now and pay the premium.
Old January 16, 2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Zevyn

I happened to be in Walmart a week ago for non-firearm related stuff and just swung by the ammo shelf so I could confirm they were indeed as empty as they were the last time, and as I turned to leave I see two LE6920's sitting on a floor cart by the register. $1097 out the door. As I was filling out my NCIS check, another guy bought the other one and within 5 minutes there were at least 5 people that asked if they were for sale.

I want to say that if you're interested in getting one without the gouging, their website email alert would be a good idea, but I don't think you can drive fast enough to beat out the campers or passer-by's like myself.
Old January 16, 2013, 04:16 PM   #13
Carne Frio

Welcome to the forum, Zevyn ! I admire you for
your restraint; I would have bought both !
Old January 18, 2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Zevyn

Thanks Carne.

I would have if my credit card wasn't on the verge of being maxed, lol.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:59 PM   #15
GLK

Quote:
They were at Sportsman's Warehouse for
the same price, last August. I Like that
Magpul furniture.
I received two from the Walmart in Seffner FL on Hwy 60 just 3 weeks ago for that price but add about another $100.00 by the time I was out the door. They had been on back order for nearly 45 days, and I could not believe I was still able to get them at the original price and they actually called me to tell me they were in store. Even better is that on the same day my two 820 rd ammo cans of LC 62 grain 5.56 ammo arrived. Get this, they were $164. something per can. Good luck with that now, but I truely feel it will get better and the really good deals wil be found when people that had no business buying some of the stuff they did will start cashing it out on the WWW for money to pay the bills.
Old January 19, 2013, 12:05 AM   #16
jimbob86

I had favorited Impact Guns LE6920 page, and was watching the price pretty much weekly, until I built my PSA M-4gery ..... the Colt fluctuated between $1099 and almost $1400 for the 3 years I was watching it...... I see they want $2199 for it now ...... glad I got teh PSA build done when I did!
Old January 19, 2013, 12:22 AM   #17
GLK

Quote:
I had favorited Impact Guns LE6920 page, and was watching the price pretty much weekly, until I built my PSA M-4gery ..... the Colt fluctuated between $1099 and almost $1400 for the 3 years I was watching it...... I see they want $2199 for it now ...... glad I got teh PSA build done when I did!
I just finished a PSA build using one of their stripped lowers along with a Magpul ACS-L lower build kit(from PSA), with a BCM Gunfighter Mod-4 charging handle and a Daniel Defense BCG placed in a PSA stripped Pencil Premium Mid Length upper. I also replaced the PSA over sized fore grips with a Magpul mid length Moe fore grip. The barrel is FN manufactured 1/7 twist with MPI HP testing. The Geissele SSA FCG will be arriving next week to complete the package. Although I must add that this particular PSA FCG is actually very impressive in both crispness of break and light weight in regards to pull, so I may leave well enough alone until,,,,,,, BTW show me yours and I'll show you mine. lol
Old January 19, 2013, 12:28 AM   #18
jimbob86

I have a hard time getting so geeked out over a minor caliber carbine..... I carried m-16a1/a2's for a long while ..... they work and are inexpensive to shoot ........

I bought it mainly because i think all members of the Unorganized Militia should have and be familiar with one ....... that and I have a daughter that will be joining the the .mil soon, and she ought to be somewhat familiar with the type before she goes ......
Old January 19, 2013, 03:15 AM   #19
LRChops

My LE6940 was $1200
Old January 19, 2013, 03:53 AM   #20
LockedBreech

My LGS and Wal Mart each had them for 1100-1200
Old January 19, 2013, 06:52 AM   #21
cryogenic419

I picked up one of those on Dec 18th, about 1200 out the door.
Old January 21, 2013, 06:58 PM   #22
Stevie-Ray

My Colt 6721 was $1225 the year the AWB sunsetted.