The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 12, 2001, 10:39 PM   #1
dundee

new shotshell press- which one?

Guys I have about narrowed my search for a new shotshell reloader to either the Ponsness-Warren 375c Duomatic, or the Hornady 366 press. Another possibility is the discontinued Hornady Apex press. Does anyone have any experence with either of these presses??? I will be using the press for 20 gauge skeet loads primarly. Probably only 20 boxes per month during the warm months.

I have a Mec 600 for 12 gauge and I think it is "ok" but just one step up from a Lee Loadall. With a new press I really want more of a machine. The wild card is the Hornady Apex. I know it is discontinued but Hornady replied that they will still support the machine for the next 8-9 years. Anyone recommend this machine??
Old June 13, 2001, 05:34 PM   #2
maxwayne

I have the Hornady 366 and it is bull strong. There is no system for taking a shell out from an individual station if you have a problem. All in all, I am very happy with it.