The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 29, 2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Sonick

Concealed Carry Question - Florida

I am getting ready to apply for my CCPermit and live in Florida. I just had a quick question and sorry if this is the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to post it.

I live in Florida but have a child support warrant in Wisconsin (due to arrears of not knowing I had a kid until he was 2). This warrant IS NOT seen by other states, and is just a bench warrant, but I think they do a FEDERAL background check for CCL in Florida. Will that warrant disqualify me? In Florida after paying for fingerprints and photo and everything a CCL runs about $150. This is the only thing that I know of that would disqualify me (clean driving and criminal record) but I just wanted to check on it before I spent all that money to be denied.
Old May 4, 2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Genepix

You pose a good question. Rather than guessing, I think I would contact Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in Tallahassee, as that is the issuing body. They are at 850-245-5691. I agree, that it would be a shame to waste the time and money if a technicality might come into play. Good luck...