The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 9, 2002, 05:26 PM   #1
TJS

CLEO Dekalb County, Georgia

I live in Dekalb County, Georgia and am in the process of having a Vector Uzi transferred to me. I didn't think getting the Form 4 signed by the new sheriff would be a problem, but I was wrong. After submitting the form to the sheriff and having his department do a background check, which indicated no problem, I was informed later the same day that the sheriff's policy is not to sign off on transfers of this type. Hence, my problem.

Does anyone know which, if any, CLEO in Dekalb County is willing to sign Form 4's? Specifically, does anyone know whether the District Attorney, Dekalb County Police Chief or any specific Superior Court Judge is willing to do so?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

TJS
Old April 17, 2002, 11:16 AM   #2
TJS

GBI will sign.

If you are having trouble in Georgia getting a CLEO signature on a Form 4, contact Chuck Severs (Director Firearms & Security) at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (404 244 2605). He is authorized to sign and signed my form without any delay or problem.
Old May 8, 2002, 08:30 PM   #3
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

The more I hear and read about various state and federal LEA's, the more impressed I am with the GBI. By and large, they seem to have their heads on straight.