The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 17, 2000, 07:08 PM   #1
JNewell

SGN as in ShotGuN, not ShotGun News..

I keep a very deep supply of parts for my mission-critical weapons -- which does not currently include my HD shotgun, an 870. I notice that Brownells is stocking "most likely spare parts kits" for (among others) the 870. I'm long past sold on the concept...so, my question is:

what do you all keep on hand as first and second (and maybe even third, given the way things are going) echelon service parts for your shotguns? The firing pin is probably in the "duh" category -- what else?
Old May 17, 2000, 08:22 PM   #2
cjb

All the little "goodies" inside the reciever that may break ( example... shell stops)
CJB

------------------
" I SHOOT BACK! "
Old May 18, 2000, 10:22 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Since I use 870s, I keep few parts. Did have almost a complete set of internals, but used them when I kitchen tabled my bird 870. With 3 12 ga 870s here at Casa McC, i figure I have parts on hand if I ever need them, or my Great Grandchildren do(G).