The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 19, 2013, 12:55 AM   #1
38superhero

Enough doom and gloom...

I'm tired of reading about the ammo shortage and gun laws that are about to be proposed.... I'm getting up in the morning and shooting some clays with my 870. While i can still buy birdshot at sprawlmart. Then i'm going to bbq some carne asada and get ready for some football. Any one else shootin tommorow?
Old January 19, 2013, 04:21 PM   #2
boattale

I'm going to the Whiskeyfest tonight, so I doubt it.
Old January 19, 2013, 05:43 PM   #3
charlie in md

on the skeet range

I'll burn up my usual 4 boxes tomorrow on the range!

Then, come home, clean the gun, while watching football.
Old January 19, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Idaho Spud

Too cold for clays, watchin' the Kings get beat by the 'Hawks. NHL, finally!
Old January 19, 2013, 07:30 PM   #5
dwaawd

"While i can still buy birdshot at sprawlmart."

I was in my Mall Wart yesterday. They had no shotgun shells in any load and a lot of the cartridge ammo was gone as well. I guess I'll stock up on .177 caliber and BB's.
Old January 19, 2013, 07:58 PM   #6
SauerGrapes

I'm heading to the gun club tomorrow for sure. Definatly need to slaughter some clays.
This has been the week from hell. My wife had to rush me to the ER early last Saturday morning with kidney stones. Wow! Talk about pain!! Then, Thursday morning she falls down our front steps and breaks her wrist.

I need a vacation!

R.I.P.____Murphy
Old January 21, 2013, 01:41 AM   #7
SonOtheSouth

hmmm, around here there are piles of 12 gauge ammo at every Walmart/Gun shop, etc. Just the handgun, .22 and .223 ammo that's all gone.
Old January 23, 2013, 04:44 AM   #8
scattergun98908

SauerGrapes - bummer. I hope she's ok. Those kidney stones hurt like hell. Feels like someone is sticking a knife in there and twisting. Its too cold and nasty here to go do any shooting. Can't wait for spring. Took all my shotguns out of the safe and cleaned and oiled them sunday.
Speaking of Walmart - one of the two in my city are quiting carrying any type of ammunition. They never completed thier ffl to carry guns (store is just a little over a year old ) and they were told by corp. that when the ammo they had was gone, they would no longer be carrying any. I hope this does not spread like a virus.
Old January 23, 2013, 10:27 AM   #9
dwaawd

^^^"When our MalWart opened years ago they carried firearms but no longer do, just ammo and kids BB/air rifles. I haven't been back in to check if they restocked ammo but you may be correct in thinking it might become Corporate policy.
Old January 26, 2013, 09:22 AM   #10
bill5074

The ammo is few and far between here at any of the Wal-Marts. I bought some shotgun ammo for skeet the other night but they have a 3 per customer limit. So I bought a value pack which contans 4 boxes and 2 other boxes so I got 6 in one purchase. All other ammo is almost non existent. Some rifled slugs and a few high powered rifle calibers.

Last edited by bill5074; January 26, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old January 30, 2013, 08:46 PM   #11
dansu

Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard that Wally World is shutting down on stocking of ammo and weapons. Went in to my local store (not a super store) and they had about 6 boxes of various ammo. Sign said no more than 3 boxes per person but they didn't have 3 boxes of anything. .38swc was $20 box. There are places online where you can get shotgun ammo fairly reasonably. I bought (not delivered) 2 cases of 12 ga, one of 16 and one of 20. On followup calls yesterday they said they were in stock and going to be shipped.....let's hope.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:57 PM   #12
RMcL

Amazing...

...how few keep a reserve stock of ammo.