The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 27, 2012, 07:55 PM   #26
federali

Smart Carry

I think a lot depends on how you're built and what you're carrying. Most of us have gained a bit of weight since we last bought clothes and I'll bet that if we're honest with outselves, our pants are a bit tight. Add a gun to the mix and we may have some discomfort. Looser clothing increases comfort and reduces printing.

While on the subject of undergarment holsters, I happen to like the 511 Tactical Series T-shirt with built-in holster pockets. They work great with Kahrs and similar striker-fired handguns.

While I'm done fathering little rug-rats, you younger guys just starting out must make sure you don't accidentally take yourselves out of the gene pool.
Old February 28, 2012, 09:12 AM   #27
KWalk313000

I've had a smart carry for a while now and although I don't use it often it does have a niche. I normally carry a glock 26 or 19 iwb in a crossbreed. But if I'm off work or just relaxing in sweats or gym shorts its easy to throw on a smart carry around the house or for an errand with the glock 26. Lose gym shorts and sweat pants printing doesn't really happen at all so thats not an issue, plus if you wear it right you completely forget about the gun, it's a very comfortable holster. I carry cocked with one in the pipe at all times as well, there's no safety issue unless you draw, the material of the smartcarry makes it nearly impossible to pull the trigger with the gun holstered, when I got it I tried several methods (unloaded of course) of pulling the trigger when holstered and I simply could not do it. It's a safe system.
Also for working out or sporting activities where pocket carry or iwb is not feasible I drop my LCP in my smart carry and I'm good to go.
I highly recommend it.
Old February 28, 2012, 03:33 PM   #28
Bob M.

The Defender

I've been using this for over 10 years. It's convenient and quick to put on and take off and hides my little 2" Smith M37 so well that you almost forget it's there. I've also carried a 4" M629 there too. Hides well on me, but it's a bit uncomfortable carrying something that large after awhile.

http://www.activeprogear.com/defender.html
Old February 28, 2012, 06:10 PM   #29
B.N.Real

Not for me.

Nothing gets close to my gun.

'cept the wife of course.

pockets,a beautiful thing.
Old February 29, 2012, 11:42 AM   #30
Edward429451

I carried a 2.5" Bulldog at the beach in a belly band wearing shorts and no shirt. But I live in Colorado now so the bellyband lays in the drawer.

I don't understand why a civvie needs deep concealment.
Old March 1, 2012, 04:28 PM   #31
trex1310

Nothing that goes bang and belches fire and smoke will be carried
next to the "package". What's wrong with a holster?
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg
Old March 1, 2012, 04:59 PM   #32
AK103K

It is a holster.