The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 28, 2016, 11:02 PM   #1
snowman748

Questions about a Winchester Model 74

I'm making a trade this weekend, my Heritage 22LR revolver for a Winchester Model 74. It looks to be in good condition from the pictures I've seen and I'm going to get to shoot it before we make the trade, anyone have any ideas about what to keep an eye out for? Possible problems associated with the Winchester 74 other then how hard they are to take apart? From the research I'm done I haven't found a single 74 for under $175 and most sell for $250-$300, I only have about $125 invested in the Heritage...is this a good trade for me to make?
Old January 29, 2016, 04:46 PM   #2
dgludwig

I absolutely would make the trade. The Model 74 is a classic Winchester and not all that easy to find (production ceased in 1955 after some 400,000 or so were made). It will only gain in value; the Heritage not so much.