The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 21, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1
kirbinster

Oh no, this headline sounds bad :(

Just got a news flash on my iPhone that will likely cause us problems - "Watertown police chief 'amazed at how much ammunition Boston bombing suspects had"

You know the leftist lame stream media is going to pick up on this and use it for all its worth. I don't know the number of rounds, but I would be willing to take a guess that more than half of us probably have more rounds than what they had.
Old April 21, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

That's the problem with police chiefs in "gun-free" (or nearly so) jurisdictions. To them, anything more than one 20- or 25-round box of ammunition is an "arsenal."

The chief would no doubt have a stroke if he saw my basement.

The real question is: Considering that the bombers lived in Massachusetts, and Massachusetts has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country ... how and where did they get whatever guns they had?

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; April 21, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old April 21, 2013, 04:47 PM   #3
cvc944

The Watertown police chief would probably be just as amazed at how much ammunition the Large Gun Stores don't have.
Old April 21, 2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Alabama Shooter

First off:

Quote:
leftist lame stream media
Please don't do that.

Secondly:

Please explain how what some local police chief in a state with some of the toughest gun laws in the country thinks and says is going to change a thing? The bombers proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that ammo is completely unnecessary to cause wide scale mayhem wounding and killing hundreds of people.
Old April 21, 2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Ruger480

Quote:
The Watertown police chief would probably be just as amazed at how much ammunition the Large Gun Stores don't have.
My reaction to this statement was to first laugh. Then I made kind of an aawww sound when I realized that the ammo shortage is still a reality
I don't mean to hi jack this thread but has any one seen signs of a return to "normalcy"?
Old April 21, 2013, 06:17 PM   #6
LED

The police Chief had more on his hands this week than any chief in the history of Watertown. Debating him from the armchair makes one look insecure and silly.
Old April 21, 2013, 06:27 PM   #7
olddav

Who much ammo did they have?
Old April 21, 2013, 06:29 PM   #8
Glenn E. Meyer

Since the OP decided to start with a political statement which is not our style and it is a drive by.

Closed.