The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 10, 2013, 10:38 PM   #1
toolguy2006

Glock triggers.

I am considering a trigger set up from Glockworx for my G19Gen4. I was thinking of the "duty trigger", but will call the folks at Glockworx for recommendation, as this is my CCW.

Does anyone have any personal experience with Glockworx's triggers? Any suggestions on other brands/makes etc?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old February 10, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2
AdamSean

First off, a trigger set-up is all about what you are most comfortable with. That said, I am installing a Ghost Rocket 3.5 # trigger connector with a trigger control tab to reduce the pre-travel and lighten the trigger pull weight and a 6 # Wolff striker spring to reduce the risk of a light strike. Both will be coming in this week.

The Glock stock trigger has around a 5.5 # trigger. I wouldn't go any less than 3.5 # unless it is for competition.
Old February 11, 2013, 12:25 AM   #3
BuckRub

I have a Glock 22 Gen 4. I also put a Ghost 3.5# in mine at time of purchase. It's the brand my gun store has. I also added a Ghost trigger bar and a competition spring kit. I love it. I've had it for about 1 1/2 years now and shoot all the time for qualifying for two different dept's and I usually shoot in my yard about 2-3 days a week for practice and fun. It's a duty gun. If my life was depending on this gun and I didn't feel comfortable. I would put it back to stock but like I said I love it and it'll give you a huge advantage. Mine never had one single problem!
Old February 11, 2013, 12:35 AM   #4
toolguy2006

I had a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb connector in my G26, and installed another in this G19 when I got it. Unfortunately, the trigger still doesn't feel nearly as good as the one in my 26. In fact, I have even given this pistol the "$.25 trigger job" to get to feel a little better, and it still really sucks. Guess I shoulda put this in the original post

Last edited by toolguy2006; February 11, 2013 at 12:56 AM.