The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old July 19, 2009, 02:31 PM   #1
wlkalong

FN FNAR Legal In Denver?

I have a question regarding the FN FNAR .308 and if it is legal to own one living in Denver, Colorado. Initially I was interested in buying a Robinson Arms XCR 6.8, but during my research I discovered that Denver has an assault weapons ban and the the XCR would be considered an "assault" weapon according to the Denver law. So my question is, what about the FN FNAR? The way I read the Denver law, the FNAR would be legal since it is not based on any of the specified weapons and does not have a clip that holds 21 rounds or more. I want to make sure I am reading the law correctly, since I have no legal background.

I would much prefer to have another weapon that would be easier to clean and maintain by myself then the FNAR, but at this point it appears its the only real viable substitute in a SHTF situation (as remote as that possibility is) and for hunting (I would only hunt/fish if forced). For short range I have an XD-40, so I want something besides a shot gun, and a high capacity semi-auto rifle appears to be the best fit.

Moving out of Denver city limits is not an option at this time for me.

Thanks,
Old July 19, 2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Te Anau

Can't answer for sure,but I accidentally ignored the Denver law that prohibited my SKS when I lived there.

Last edited by Te Anau; July 19, 2009 at 04:46 PM.