The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 12, 2006, 08:49 PM   #26
HangFire83

Funny, if you have no brain, how can you walk or talk or breathe or open your eyes or anything? Hmmmm, even rappers can do that stuff. So if the first phrase of that post is inaccurate b/s, (because he must have a brain), I wonder what else is?

P.S. the bullets didn't hit any vitals such as brain, heart, or "soul" so him having those things (or not as some believe possible) is irrevelant to begin with.

Jeff Cooper.
Old March 12, 2006, 09:03 PM   #27
BillCA

Folks, just remember, when it comes to rap music, the leading "c" is silent.

As to these so-called entertainers, most of them play off the ghetto "gangsta" image of tough-guys dealin' drugs, pimpin' young girls and doing violent acts against rival gangs or folks who cross them. Some of them are known to flash a gun now and then too.

So we're supposed to be upset when some crack-addled drop-out takes a few badly aimed shots at these 'choice role models'? Not. I dislike the criminal element shooting at anyone (including "rappers"). But I'm not going to start some kind of movement because some wanna-be bad-boy p-o'd the real bad boys.

You folks who like their CD's, fine. If you like to listen to foul-language and talk of violence directed against your sister, daughter etc set into rhyme, go right ahead. Just do the rest of the world a favor and wear earphones when you listen.
Old March 12, 2006, 09:12 PM   #28
HangFire83

Quote:
Folks, just remember, when it comes to rap music, the leading "c" is silent
Clever!

Jeff Cooper.
Old March 12, 2006, 09:35 PM   #29
aspen1964

hangfire must be the defense attorney of rap high-culture..
Old March 12, 2006, 09:45 PM   #30
18DAI

Remember , Tupak spelled backwards is Kaput. Regards 18DAI.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:02 PM   #31
OuTcAsT

Sure, he had a heart, lungs, even a brain "albeit limited to trivial persuits such as ranting in rhyme about drugs, pimpin' ho's, and other gang style violence set to a jungle rhythm" but PLEASE do not bestow the gift of TALENT to this. in order to have musical talent you must understand music, NOT just how to" bust a rhyme " to a driving bass line and repetitive percussion sampling ripped off from songs that real "Talent" generated YEARS before.

Even my Teenagers (17 and 19) know that this hype that is portrayed as a form of expression, is merely semi-rhyming lyrics overdubbed onto a jungle beat that transmits well thru mega-watt "systems" that some teens parents paid for.

My personal belief is that if there had been as much powder in the bullet(s) that struck 50 cent as he has talent, then he would have walked away without a scratch.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old March 12, 2006, 10:16 PM   #32
ksmash01

This is great.....

This post has nothing to do with firearms......

I find it funny, hilarious even, that people on this forum can just blurt out anything they want without any consequences.

I am totally turned off by people who think that because something doesn't appeal to them it isn't artful, whether it be guns, music, paintings, etc.

Just because some of you country hill-billy bumpkins don't like rap/hip-hop music doesn't make it any less of an art that country music, or rock-n-roll.

Quote:
it's open season on rappers?? why was i not told?? what's the limit??
i gotta go clean my .357.... is that enough gun to take this kind of game??
I'm a hip hop artist, i wish anyone of you ignorant people would draw any weapon on me...........Before you judge me, know that i'm also a Sociology student, and Assistant Manager for a major retail company, and a fine citizen in my community. TEST ME.

Quote:
Folks, just remember, when it comes to rap music, the leading "c" is silent.
well, wanna talk phonetics and grammar, lets change country music into "****-ry" music, cause all i hear when i listen to it is some grown man crying about something feminine, nothing but a buch of crying P@#@IES.

Quote:
I agree 100% with steelheart....+10. I loathe "rap crap" and everything it stands for. Not surprising that Black males make up 7% of the population, but commit 50% of the homicides. I know this is off topic, but I had to say my 2 cents.

PS....I'm a 100% country-fied redneck, guns and gears.
dude, you must be a moron.......how can such a thing be true...you must be a bonafied racist, or like i said before, a moron.

Quote:
Ummmm Yea... Anyway so called "Gangsta Rap" has done more harm to the African American Community then the KKK.
Hip-Hop has also done more to HELP the African-American community than the KKK.

Quote:
Dag nab it! I should have gave that shooter some Ranger XT!
Do you wish death upon other people???? You should be especially ashamed for making that statement.

No, I am not the" lawyer" for the Rap Community, but some of the comments made on this thread are totally out of line, and i will challenge every comment made that is an attack on my culture.

like hip-hop, there are elements in all genres of music(and in life for that matter), that do not portray the positivity in it's existence. The majority of you posting your negitivity are left unaware that there are ,in actuallity, many rap artists that don't speak of the things you think rap is at all. You are kept blind by the media, who is more concerned with making money, than portraying the truth.

think about that......
Old March 12, 2006, 10:23 PM   #33
ksmash01

Post Script

50 Cent doesn't represent me, i don't even like his music, and many other "so-called" artists in the industry.

I could point the people who are interested in what REAL HIP-HOP is to the correct source.

PM me if you're interested.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:31 PM   #34
Hook686

Today, 10:16 PM #32
ksmash01

wrote:
"Great

This post has nothing to do with firearms......
...."

I agree. It seems to me folks that have a vertical view of society, rather than a horizontal view, will be drawn to slamming anything that they do not understand.

Try to be nice to each other.

When the number of people in institutions reaches 51%, we change sides.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:43 PM   #35
Springfield XD40 Man

It just so happens my factoid concerning the Blacks representing 7% of the population and committing 50% of the homicides comes from the book "The Gun Control Debate, You Decide" by Lee Nisbet, Ph.D. I'm stating what was a fact in 2001 when this book was published. Live with it.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:54 PM   #36
Springfield XD40 Man

Sorry to bust your bubble, but my statement about blacks representing 7% of the population and committing 50 % of the homicides is fact. It comes from the book, " The Gun Control Debate, You Decide", by Lee Nisbet, Ph.D. In 2001 this was a Department of Justice fact. Deal with it.

Contrary to your assumption about me being a racist, I am not. I have nothing personal against minorities, I just choose not to hang around them, that is my right as an American. My interest's center around my Jeep, four-wheeling, hiking, camping, and guns. The vast majority of minorities want nothing to do with this interest set, that's why I dont associate with them. I do resent being forced to listen to THEIR type of music being blasted at a red light, what gives them the right?? I dont push my music on other people by cranking the volume to 50. The term "hillbilly" might be an accurate term for me, I live far from the city out in the Colorado woods. However, that does not mean I am a racist. People have called me a "redneck" and "hillbilly" before, it does not offend me. I differ from typical redneck image in that I do NOT have a beer-belly, a cowboy hat, and a beer in my hand...lol. I'm a clean cut person. Bottom line, I have nothing in common with minorities, when it comes to hobbies, music, lifestyle, ect. As far as I am concerned, yo can keep all that big bar, loud music, nightclub scene, I want nothing to do with it. Hope that sets the record straight about me.
Old March 12, 2006, 11:02 PM   #37
HangFire83

Quote:
hangfire must be the defense attorney of rap high-culture..
Great comeback. That is a thinkin' man's comeback.

ksmash01. Thanks for sticking up for yourself and beliefs and, in a way backing me up. Your point at country music was right on. It's like one of these all knowing senior members pointed out in another thread, t.v. is not an accurate representation of real life, but they think that music is in this thread. Doesn't add up to me..how about you?

And for 18DAI, you are correct in the statement of the spelling of tupak. Oh wait, it is spelled with a "c" not a "k". Ooops... your bad. Speaking of 2pac, although some of his raps did mention the bad things of the gansta society, much of his music also offered words of hope to the people who had none. One of his albums was entitled "The rose that grew from concrete". He was a pioetic genius and was very active in the community in trying to help elevate the lives of minorities. Listen to his entire catalog of songs. Then talk smack. Write down all the positive things in his music and see what you come up with. I'll give you a head start...then I will come up with a few things for you. I expect your report in my p.m. box tuesday morning by 0800. Ready.....go!

Jeff Cooper.
Old March 12, 2006, 11:05 PM   #38
918v

YoYo!

Don't be dissin' my cuz.

Aaiit now.

Peace.
Old March 12, 2006, 11:21 PM   #39
HangFire83

Video games = Real life. Yup. That's why I play Halo. So that when the aliens come I can put on Mark V armor and pick up some plasma grenades and handle it before they destroy earth with their super weapons. All this time I thought they were for fun, but in fact, they are for training. Silly me.

Jeff Cooper.
Old March 13, 2006, 12:21 AM   #40
aflyer

I don't much like rap, punk, metal or a variety of other kinds of music...
but that is only my own personal preference. My parents didn't much like the music I listened to 30 or so years ago either, but we all survived it.

And to blame music for killing or harming people, ain't any different than saying guns do! Cars don't kill people either, unless they are driven by a PERSON. My car has been parked outside for the last couple of days and never even caused a bruise or scratch to anyone... same with the guns in my cabinet.. without my input they are harmless!

So pay attention all folks who want to blame 'things' (television, movies, guns, clothes, etc) or 'trends' (rap, punk, rock & roll, for anything... it ain't the 'thing' - it is the person who acts, who provides the input and potential for harm... the 'thing' is inanimate.

If I was tempted to legally ban rap music (or any other kind) just because I didn't personally like it, or was offended by it, I certainly hope you folks on this forum would respond the same way you do with the attempts to ban guns!

Cheers
Kerry
Old March 13, 2006, 12:30 AM   #41
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Uh, fellers? I believe this started off as refering to a man that survived multiple gunshot wounds? It was initially a good subject, but the gist veered WAY off course.

Closed as off topic, but feel free to start another on the original subject matter, and not on rap.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread