The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 10, 2016, 03:11 PM   #26
rickyrick

I don't build to save money, I build mostly to spread the cost out over a few paychecks.
It's also fun to shop for different parts and development of ups truck watching skills. It's fun when you get enough components together to actually assemble something.
Old February 10, 2016, 03:23 PM   #27
stagpanther

Quote:
fun to shop for different parts and development of ups truck watching skills
hah-hah!
Old February 10, 2016, 03:31 PM   #28
stagpanther

Quote:
I salute you for your endeavor and posting all of the info here though. From a few other threads I am beginning to believe a few others are using the information you provided to good ends.
Appreciate that--but really I'm just a home-hobbyist that has an uncanny knack for doing things the wrong way and/or getting stuff that does quite work right. YRMV. : )

PS--saw the new Ruger precision in 6.5 CM today--that looks like a huge winner at a 1K price point.