The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 18, 2011, 06:58 PM   #1
joyrock

10MM in a Star Megastar?

What is a good load for this really heavy gun? Let me clear this up a little. If you own a Star Megastar in 10MM, and if you reload in 10MM, what do you like?
I have about 600 bullets that are 180gr FMJ made by Winchester. What is a good powder I should get for it? I have 2400. From what I have been told, this gun can handle some really hot rounds. Anybody know how `hot', hot is? I found some data for the S&W 610, that was really hot. I got some 10mm from georgia arms, and they seem kinda weak. 180gr @ 1100 fps? Just seems kinda `soft' to me. I know there are faster burning powders, what is a good one? What do you guys think of Double Tap ammo? There is a gun show soon, so I'm making a shopping list. Thanks, Matt

Last edited by joyrock; August 18, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old August 19, 2011, 01:12 PM   #2
CowTowner

Here's a link to loading data that did not necessarily come from the component manufacturers. USE CAUTION WHEN TESTING!!!
http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/de...l&type=Handgun
I have found with a 180 grain FMTC Zero bullet, that I like 8.2 grains of Power Pistol with a Winchester Large Pistol Primer. That's in both my EAA Witness and my Fusion Commander Length 1911. Max for the powder is 8.7 grains.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old August 20, 2011, 06:10 AM   #3
WESHOOT2

58oz club

One-powder choice for 10mm = N350

Then, after you get some, e-mail direct for safe 'hot' data.

The MegaLump is one tough pup.