The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 18, 2010, 10:16 PM   #1
sks

Franchi I-12 Upland Hunter?

Well my birthday is coming up shortly and I have my eye on the Franchi I-12 Upland Hunter. Bass Pro has one for $699.00 NIB. Is this a good price? Anyone have one of these that you can comment on? I'll use it for birds, skeet, squirrel, etc.

Thanks,
Old February 19, 2010, 09:24 AM   #2
rbernie

I have handled but not shot them. They seem nice enough, and are the least expensive way to get into the Inertial system.

Locally, I have seen them selling for as low as $549. Seven bills seems awfully dear, to me.
Old February 19, 2010, 11:02 AM   #3
sks

Thanks for the input. Wow! This is definitley much cheaper. The one at Bass Pro is on clearance and was originally over $900.00
Old February 19, 2010, 04:16 PM   #4
ASUdevil22

As far as getting into the Inertia systems for a low price, you can check out the Stoeger M2000 as well...they are priced usually around 500 and utilize the same inertia system patented and used by Benelli and Franchi.
Old February 19, 2010, 08:39 PM   #5
sks

My thoughts were not necessarily the inertia driven system versus any other. The Franchi felt good in my hands and was a reasonable price. Its not that price is not an issue but I really don't want to drop $1,200.00 on a shotgun right now. Just bought my wife a Benelli Montefeltro a couple of weeks ago and that set me back far enough.

I've never felt comfortable with a pump so I was looking at a semi auto. I'll check out the Stoeger.