The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 19, 2002, 07:56 PM   #1
inGobwetrust

WTB Slug Barrel For Winchester Ranger 120 20 Guage

I need to find a 20 guage slug barrel for a Winchester 120 Ranger. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Patrick
Old September 20, 2002, 03:41 PM   #2
Poodleshooter

That was my first shotgun. A beautiful action, but finding extra barrels was difficult. To be honest, I don't know if a rifled slug barrel even exists for 20ga Winchester pumps. They use the same barrels as 1300's BTW. You could always try a rifled choke tube, and use the bead for sighting (the 120 was ribless as I recall).
Old September 22, 2002, 03:51 AM   #3
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Or give a shot at trying a few various brands of rifled slugs through your smooth bore.

You may be pleasantly surprised at the accuracy you'll get with the right combo.

Extra nifty thing about a good slug outa your smoothbore is no added barrel cost & no having to switch barrels to get that all-round shooter - best of both worlds.
Old September 22, 2002, 05:59 PM   #4
S.F.S

For the price of a barrel you may want to consider a H&R Ultra Slug Hunter it has a fully rifled heavy barrel comes with a sling and scope base and their dead accurate. I just bought one brand new for under $200.00 in 20ga.

Scott